This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kennesaw chapter.

The first week of September marks officially getting into the groove of school; you’ve gotten used to all the homework, memorized your schedule, and hopefully joined a club or two. Yet, just because you’ve familiarized yourself doesn’t mean this semester will be a breeze, everybody needs a little advice, and that’s why I’m here! Whether it’s about love, sex, school, family, or friendships everyone can use some help and thankfully it’s written in the stars and I’ve translated it. So go ahead and read on!

Aries

With summer officially at an end and the semester getting into full swing, you may feel intimidated, but with this change in a daily ritual, you need to implement a change in mindset. To do this, take advantage of the influence of the Sun’s energy in your chart this week and delve into your creative side. Maybe try creating a bullet journal or starting the day with a meditation ritual! Channeling this new energy will help you turn this adjustment into growth in your daily life.

Taurus

While you tend to get caught up in the clouds right now, you need to get back down to earth. This week may be interesting for you, with Venus as your ruling planet it may be hard to see the love around you realistically. Whether it’s your friends or a “special someone” you need to delve deeper into those relationships. This might just mean appreciating those around you, but it could also point to an impulsive decision you may have made in a relationship. So, just take a step back and look at the people you love from another point of view, think about how they treat you and how you treat them! Remember, perception is everything!

Gemini

As a Gemini, you’re probably used to being open and communicative, but with the school year starting up shaking that up might be a good idea! Instead of just talking to the people around you in class, try seeking out a club. It may seem overwhelming to add something else to your schedule, but with Mars influencing your chart this week you are feeling extra productive and inspired. Think about the things that interest you, whether it’s social justice or skincare there’s bound to be a club at your school! And if there isn’t just put that productive energy to use and create one!

Cancer

With the moon as your ruling planet, your mind and emotions can run wild sometimes, and this past month has been no exception. Last week’s New Moon has proven to be significant for you, wiping your slate clean and allowing you to start anew, just in time for the semester to pick up. But what are you going to do with this new start? This week is the perfect opportunity for you to think about what you want in your life and what you don’t. For instance, maybe you’ve already started up a cycle of procrastination this semester, while that’s not great, you now have a chance to erase that ritual from your life and focus on yourself. Make sure to think about what your proud of and what you aren’t because if there ever was a week to work on yourself, this is it!

Leo

As the symbolic lion of the zodiacs, you are used to being courageous in your daily life. Whether it’s calling someone out on their hypocrisy or trying a new style trend that isn’t exactly subtle. This week you need to channel that courage and ferocity into your communication with others. As it is Virgo season, you may be feeling more timid than usual. To combat that use your natural fire to fuel your social lifestyle instead of falling into solitude. Brainstorm things that you can do this week to feel your extroverted nature! Maybe throw a movie night for you and your friends or just find extra time in your day to talk to someone new. Just because its Virgo season does not mean you should let your fire dim, it just means you need to find new ways to fuel it!

Virgo

With Virgo season fully started you may be feeling a sense of joy, not just because it’s your birthday season but because the planets have aligned for you! This week you should be feeling an openness you don’t usually sense, allow yourself to accept it and communicate how you are feeling to those around you. Uncertainty may be plaguing you, but this is the perfect time to explore that feeling and open up to yourself. Whether this is about your social life, school, or love life, you need to be acceptable to the ideas within you and communicate to those involved. Clear out what is plaguing you and go into your season as the smart, badass Virgo that you are!

Libra

This week Libra, you should be feeling balanced in your life, with your school schedule becoming more regular and the social pressure dying off. You need to remember that perception is everything, from one view the scales may be balanced, but from another, the scales are out of whack. Take a second look at what you consider balance in your life and decide how realistic that truly is. Maybe you are putting too much pressure on yourself intellectually or relying on a man in your life to give you the confidence you need to give yourself. Either way, this week is all about perspective and expectations for you, so don’t ignore it!

Scorpio

Although you may usually fall on a more introverted side of the spectrum, as a water sign, this week you should expect to feel more energetic and animated. This may feel foreign to you, however by positively harnessing this, you will be able to control it. With this energy will come a more communicative side of you, you may be feeling like you have to tell someone something or you might burst. If there was ever a time to let it out this week is it! Don’t forget to be patient with the one you need to talk to. While you’ve been debating this for a while, this is all new to them, and they may need time to understand it all.

Sagittarius

This week you may feel like you’re forgetting something, whether it’s big or small, you just can’t shake that voice in the back of your head trying to remind you. Don’t ignore this as it could be imperative to your week, go through your notes and your schedule, and make sure you’re not forgetting about a test or commitment you made. Once you’ve figured it out, think about why this may have slipped your mind. Maybe you’re not paying as much attention as you would like or choosing to procrastinate the small things. Either way, rethink these choices in your life and plan for the future! That might mean getting a daily planner or even just jotting down what you need to do every day on a sticky note, just make sure to implement something!

Capricorn

This week Capricorn, you need to take a step back and look at everything you appreciate in your life, both big and small. It’s the simple pleasures this week that will bring you joy. Sitting in the warm sun as you work on an essay, deep talks with your friends at 1am, or even just a hot shower after a long day. While you tend to forget about this stuff, that doesn’t mean it isn’t as important as everything else. Try thinking simple this week, focus on the positive in everything around you. This positivity may give you a burst of energy which you should use to buckle down with something which will better your body or mind. Dedicate time in your day to what you actually want to do, maybe an hour of meditation each morning or even just giving yourself a break to binge some TV after class.

Aquarius

This week will be essential for you to Aquarius, it’s time for you to invest in your future, either physically or emotionally. You should have a strong intuition strike you, one which will lead you on a positive road of your life. Instead of being afraid of this feeling, accept it wholeheartedly. Also, this week is a great opportunity for you to involve yourself in your school or campus! Think about joining a new club or getting more involved in your class discussions. Make sure to invest in yourself within your community and trust yourself this week!

Pisces

While you may be used to having a natural instinct for things this week, you may be feeling indecisive. To thwart this idea, learn to listen to yourself instead of those around you. This doesn’t mean making impulsive, selfish decisions but instead looking at what you want and need instead of what others expect of you. You know what you need more than anyone else, so trust that feeling inside of you. Focus on your mind, take time care of your body, try a facemask, and put Lizzo on repeat!

Whether this week is a time of growth for you or a chance to catch your breath remember to be true to yourself and in the words of Lizzo “just keep it pushin,” because every struggle is just another battle you’ve won.

Izzy is an Anthropology major at Kennesaw State University. She enjoys skincare and social justice.
A collegiette's guide to life from the KSU chapter of Her Campus!