Life > Academics

Ways I Relax During Finals Week

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kennesaw chapter.

The spring semester is almost over, but finals are the last obstacle between me and graduation. Here are some ways I like to relax and take a break from all the craziness between getting ready to graduate and finishing my classes strong!

Crafting

I love arts and crafts! So anything from painting, digital art, making a custom gift for someone, I am always down to release some creative juices! The best place to get quick craft ideas and supplies is Michaels! You can grab your friends and have an impromptu sip n paint!

Making tik toks

Tik Tok is always a fun way because the trends are always changing, new music is coming out, and the ideas flow! You don’t HAVE to post anything if you don’t want to, but at least trying a trend and putting it in your drafts is just as effective! Getting up and moving your body is the perfect break! We love good dance break!

online shopping

Now I’m definitely guilty of retail therapy, but sometimes it’s definitely needed! Maybe you want to check out the latest clothes at your favorite shop or even put outfits together that you’d like to purchase later!

Playing video games

Now, if you are a video gamer with lots of experience, perfect! If you’re like me, who likes Animal Crossing or Cooking Mama (I know, I know, lol), then honey, you are in the right place! I like games that I’ve played for a while or that aren’t too complex, or if you like to play old video games when you were a kid, and those games are available, I definitely recommend going “back in time” and playing those games to relax!

PLAYING WITH MY FURBABIES

My furbabies are my children!!! I love them so much, and anytime I play with them is a great time to release some energy! If you don’t have any furbabies, I suggest going to Petland! They allow you to play with puppies they have available in your own little “corner,” and it is the PERFECT way to play with a pup if you don’t have one already!

I hope these ideas will help you guys in getting ready for finals season and releasing some tension! Happy studying, Owls!

Studying College Life GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY
Gif from Giphy
Jaz Daley

Kennesaw '22

Jaz Daley is an Alum from Kennesaw State University and she majored in Public Relations. Jaz is the founder of the Her Campus chapter at Kennesaw State and was the Campus Correspondent and President for 4 years. In her spare time, she likes to create various DIY projects, read, and hang out with her furbabies. She hopes to continue her studies and lead Disney's Public Relations team in the future.