Wellness > Sex + Relationships

Top Three Ways To Find A Last Minute Date For Valentine’s Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kennesaw chapter.

Being single during any holiday can be dull or rough at times. But it’s especially hard during Valentine’s Day! Sometimes we women crave attention and affection, so, to help fill that desire, I have come up with three easy ways to find a date for V-Day under a time crunch.

Social Media 

I know “sliding into the DMs” is old now, but with the right approach, your social media could be used to your advantage! Confidence is something that we all struggle with, yet oddly enough, it seems more natural to exude through a screen. So, if you have someone in mind that you would like to spend V-Day with, this is your chance. Hit them with a cheesy but cute pick up line or send a Valentine’s Day meme and win them over with your charm. If you don’t have anyone in mind, put yourself out there! Confidence is attractive, and many guys love it when girls make the first move!

Participate In Valentine’s Day Themed Events

As our favorite holiday approaches, many organizations and groups are hosting V-Day themed events and parties. These events might seem like a desperate attempt or the last resort, but I promise you will get results! Whether it’s a party for singles looking to find a match, a mix and mingle, or a brunch, you will be able to meet and find someone to spend the day with! Events are designed for easy access to cute and handsome singles. Have fun, and take advantage of these opportunities!

Ask A Friend!

If all else fails and you still can’t find a date, ask a friend! Spend Valentine’s with your best girl or a group of your favorite people! Valentine’s Day doesn’t have to be about you and a significant other. It can be about you spending time and appreciating the best people in your life! Go out and have fun with the people you love and make this Valentine’s Day a day that none of you will forget!

I hope these tips help you find a boo for this upcoming Valentine’s Day! However, this does not mean that you, in any way, shape, or form NEED a date or significant other to be happy or have fun. Bae or not, this Valentine’s Day will be one for the books!

Hi, I’m Jazmine! I am an English Education major at Kennesaw State University. I am also a writer for HC at KSU. Follow me on Instagram! (@jazminenxcole)