Three horror animated movies I watched every Halloween

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kennesaw chapter.

Halloween is always a fun time of the year for me. I love scary movies, even as a kid. However, growing up, I wasn’t allowed to watch overly horror-related films, so instead, I watched a lot of Halloween TV episodes from cartoons and Halloween movies on Cartoon Network. Below are three movies that I enjoyed watching on Halloween each year.

1. Monster House
Monster House is about a kid named DJ and his friends who try to uncover the mystery of Mr. Nebbercracker and his house. It really creeped me out as a kid. I love the creepy aesthetic the movie had and how it stands out from other horror animated films. How the characters work well together as a cast to how the Monster was designed. This was definitely one of my favorite animated horror films.

2. Scary Godmother
Scary Godmother is an odd movie about how a group of kids discovered a scary godmother and her friends on Halloween. This was one of the many movies I would see on Halloween. It was pretty goofy and strange, so it didn’t really have any crazy jumps cares in it. The style and writing were also not as great as I remember it being, but this movie still has a special place in my heart

3. Corpse Bride
As a fan of Tim Burton, this is one of my top horror animated movies. Corpse Bride is about a guy named Victor Van Dort who accidentally marries a corpse named Emily. This movie is not so much as scary but it has a really interesting story and characters. The songs in this movie were really good too. I was mainly fascinated by the stop-motion animation the movie was made in. I’ve watched many videos of the process and how Tim Burton came up with the idea of Corpse Bride. It was one of the movies that inspired me to write.

Gahnique Bell

Kennesaw '25

Hey guys! My name is Gahnique Bell and I am an English Major and a Film Studies Minor here at Kennesaw State University! I'm essentially a huge nerd who loves to read, write, draw, play video games, and watch tv shows/movies! I also love to explore different places, learn about new things, and enjoy the company of my friends and family!