Taylor Swift’s New Countdown Has Fans Freaking Out

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kennesaw chapter.

At midnight on April 13th, Taylor Swift changed her profile picture and posted a countdown to her Instagram story and website. Her new profile picture is one of the mystical pastel clouds that match the moving background on her site. Swifties immediately lost their minds and celebrated that one of their most popular Twitter theories was somewhat correct, something new on April 13th.

The thirteen-day countdown Swift posted the release of what is most likely to be a new single for her seventh album on April 26 at midnight. Swift has posted two pictures on her Instagram page with pastel filters and rhinestone hearts. Both posts have the same caption, “4.26” and fans are expecting more for each day of the countdown.

The new pastel aesthetic of Swift’s Instagram is drastically different from the aesthetic she chose leading up to Reputation era filled with snakes and dark filters. Fans have been quick to point out that the rainbows, butterflies, sparkles, and pastel pinks and blues could be hinting at a happy album filled with good vibes.

Whether April 26th brings a new single or just an announcement of a release date, fans will rejoice in the start of a new era of Taylor Swift music.

View this post on Instagram

4.26

A post shared by Taylor Swift (@taylorswift) on

View this post on Instagram

4.26

Emily Rubin

Kennesaw '22

Emily is a senior at Kennesaw State University.
A collegiette's guide to life from the KSU chapter of Her Campus!