Simmer Down! Hayley Williams is Back and We’re Here For It

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kennesaw chapter.

Hayley Williams, the lead singer of Paramore and now solo artist, released an eerie yet, empowering song called “Simmer.” Williams is known for her many musical talents like vocal range and meaningful lyrics, which is exemplified in “Simmer.”

The song entails a story of overcoming rage through simply simmering down. The song emphasizes independence from things that make us angry. Williams sings her verses in a whisper, similar to pop artist Billie Eilish, and then proceeds to take the chorus in a more forceful tone to build emotion. Overall, the song is an excellent anthem for independence and freedom, which is causing more excitement for her upcoming album.

The music video, although dark and horror-like, gives a powerful message at the end. Throughout the video, Williams is seen running away from a figure dressed in black. In the end, it is shown that the ghostly figure is Williams herself, signifying that Williams is freeing herself from her rage and anger.

Williams’ new album “Petals For Armor” will be out on May 8th, and fans cannot simmer down from the excitement. 

I'm Natalia Duron, a freshman at KSU and a Journalism and Emerging Media.
A collegiette's guide to life from the KSU chapter of Her Campus!