This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kennesaw chapter.

A couple of week’s ago fans of MTV’s Teen Wolf received the best news ever. The show’s creator, Jeff Davis, is working with Paramount Plus to create a Teen Wolf movie! The posts say that the movie is a response to the fans’ calls for another season/more of the characters that they know and love. And I couldn’t be more excited! I started watching Teen Wolf while it was still airing on TV. I remember catching it during season 3A and binging the first two seasons to because I was hooked. The show was addicting, the characters and actors were amazing, and I can’t wait for what they have in store for us. But with all of this excitement, I can’t help but wonder what’ll happen in the movie and whether or not all of our beloved characters will be in it.

When the announcement came out, a lot of the series’ actors posted it to their Instagram feeds. I’m hoping this means that instead of creating a brand new cast of characters (somehow) related to the original cast, we’re getting a continuation of the show on a much larger scale. And if the summary from MTV on IMDB is anything to go on, that seems to be the case. Their summary mentions Scott McCall, played by Tyler Posey, and refers to “new allies” and reuniting “trusted friends.” It looks like we’re getting to see our favorite characters one more time, after all.

The film is set to come out in 2022, so I’m hoping that if things go well and nothing changes, we’ll get to revisit Beacon Hills and pick up from, almost, where we left off years ago. As we know, the actors probably won’t be playing teenagers anymore. That time has passed. However, I think that we will get to see them as young adults, possibly in their early or mid twenties. Personally, I feel like playing them any older than late twenties would be a much bigger jump than necessary, anyway. Especially because last time we saw them, they had just graduated high school and were going off to begin their adult lives.

As far as relationships that I’d want to see in the upcoming movie, I’m really only concerned with two — Scalia and Stydia. Scott and Malia (Scalia) were an unexpected pairing in Season 6, but Tyler Posey and Shelley Hennig have great chemistry. I’m excited to see where that relationship is in the future. I really hope they’re still together. Now, Stiles and Lydia are a couple that I don’t exactly ship because of how long Stiles waited for her to notice him. But they were endgame for a lot of other fans, so I hope that they’re together in the movie, as well. (Or, maybe Stiles ends up with Derek — I know of some people that would really like to see that!) However, I’m not sure how some of the relationships and dynamics would change if certain characters made reappearances in the film. Kira, Scott’s ex, could come back. And that would change the dynamic of his relationship with Malia. Though, I don’t think Kira would be particularly upset by it — she’s been with the Skin-walkers for a really long time. Regardless of how it turns out, I do love that character and would like to see Arden Cho revise that role. And, of course, we can’t have a continuation without Coach, Sheriff Stilinski, Peter, Derek, Argent, and Deaton either!

I don’t have any predictions for the “big bad” that they’ll be facing yet. But I’m sure that it’ll be bigger and badder than anything that they’ve ever faced before, in true movie fashion, of course. I’m expecting good CGI and stunts, as well. But most of all, I’m expecting that creativity that Jeff Davis gave us in the series. I was never bored watching the show and every season got better and better. If we’re truly building on the show and continuing it, I want the movie to be even better than the best seasons of the show. And I have no doubt that they’ll all do us proud. My only worry would be that I haven’t seen much from Paramount Plus, so I’m not sure how well they’d do the franchise justice. Though, if Jeff, Tyler Posey, and MTV have anything to say about it, that won’t be a factor.

Another thing to look forward to is Jeff Davis’ new show also with MTV and Paramount Plus, titled “Wolf Pack.” I don’t know about y’all, but I have high expectations for that show as well. In fact, I may have to do another “expectations and hopes” article for that. We fans have so many exciting things coming! 2022 is shaping up to be a great year. And, if any of you have any predictions or expectations, please share them with me! I’d love to hear them.

Hi, I’m Jazmine! I am an English Education major at Kennesaw State University. I am also a writer for HC at KSU. Follow me on Instagram! (@jazminenxcole)