Netflix and Chills: 10 Spooky Things To Watch on Netflix

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kennesaw chapter.

The peak of the spooky season is upon us, and I can’t think of a better way to spend it than relaxing, cuddled up in my bed with the most unhealthy snacks and Netflix. Lately, Netflix has been churning out some excellent original movies and shows as well making some of the best classics available. Here are 10 chilling things to watch this season.

The Conjuring (2013)

“Based on true events, this spine-chiller tells the story of a New England family who begins having encounters with spirits in their farmhouse.”

Coraline (2009)

“Curious young Coraline unlocks a door in her family’s home and is transported to a universe that strangely resembles her own- – only better. “

Carrie (1976)

“An outcast teen with telekinetic ability lashes out with her deadly power when the high school “in crowd” torments her with a sick joke at the prom.”

Rattlesnake (2019)

“After a mysterious woman saves her daughter from a deadly snake bite, a single-mother must repay the debt by killing a stranger before sundown.”

The Princess and the Frog (2009)

“In New Orleans during the Jazz Age, a beautiful girl named Tiana has a fateful enchanter with the frog prince who desperately wants to be human again.”

In The Tall Grass (2019)

“After hearing a young boy’s cry for help, a pregnant woman and her brother wade into a vast field of grass, only to discover there may be no way out.”

Chilling Adventures of Sabrina

“Magic and mischief collide as half-human, half-witch Sabrina navigates between two worlds: mortal teen life and her family’s legacy, The Church of Night.”

Eli (2019)

“With his desperate parents in tow, an 11-year-old boy with a debilitating illness checks into an isolated clinic to undergo experimental therapy.”

The Haunting of Hill House (2018)

“Flashing between past and present, a fractured family confronts haunting memories of their old home and the terrifying events that drove them from it.”

American Horror Story (2011)

“This twisted Emmy- winning drama plays upon the power of supernatural fears and everyday horrors.”

Happy Spooking!

My name is Jazmine Mills. I am a native of Decatur, Georgia and I'm studying Journalism and Emerging Media at Kennesaw State University. I hope to pursue a career in media and news production in the future.
A collegiette's guide to life from the KSU chapter of Her Campus!