This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kennesaw chapter.

Manage your time

Everyone struggles with procrastination, but when it comes down to getting those A’s on all your finals, you have to prioritize your time. Try to start filling out study guides as soon as your professors release them instead of waiting till the night before, so you have more time to study the material. Also, start making plans to study with people in your classes because they can help you with the content you might be a little shaky about.

Give yourself free time

Even though it’s essential to prioritize your time around finals, it’s also important to give yourself a break to de-stress. A couple of ways to do this is; go out with friends, study in a new place, take a hot bath, clean, etc. That way you won’t get burnt out from studying all day, and you’ll come back refreshed and ready to tackle the next subject.

Go to office hours

It’s always a good idea to go to your professor’s office hours during the semester but its super important right before finals. Going to your office hours allows you to get help with things you didn’t understand or missed during the semester. Also, going to office hours you might find out about extra credit opportunities.  

Plan out meals

A super helpful tip is to start meal prepping around finals week, so you don’t have to worry about food. Meal prep is simple, and all you have to do is get some containers from the store to cook a tasty meal and save it in the containers like it’s take out. Then when you’re having a super stressful study day, you can pop a container in the microwave, and there’s dinner! Another way to eat and study is to go to the commons and do all your studying there!

Karissa is a senior at Kennesaw State University majoring in psychology, minoring in criminology.
A collegiette's guide to life from the KSU chapter of Her Campus!