Entertainment

How Jaden and Willow Smith Are Helping With Climate Change

Will and Jada Smith are well-known actors, musicians, philanthropists, etc. but their two younger children Jaden and Willow Smith are making themselves even more prominent in history! 

Jaden Smith has created his own company called JUST Water that uses ONLY renewable sources to make the water bottles. As stated in the JUST Water website their bottle includes 54 percent paper, 28 percent plant-based plastic, 3 percent aluminum, and 15 percent protective plastic film! Smith’s company reduced 74 percent of greenhouse gases and what’s even better is you can recycle the whole bottle! 

Can I just say I stan the both of them, honestly!

Willow Smith has recently teamed with Adidas for a 100 percent recyclable sneaker! What? The campaign partners with Parley to take their plastic and turn it into different products! The products are made from upcycled marine plastic waste recovered in the Maldives and the best part about this whole campaign is once you are finished with the sneakers you can send them to a recycling center to be reused again! Ugh, I love it!

Both of the Smith’s approaches is precisely what we need to make a difference! We can all make small differences that can impact the broader climate change picture! We stan you Willow and Jaden!

Jaz Daley

Kennesaw '22

Jaz Daley is a senior at Kennesaw State University, majoring in Public Relations. Jaz is the founder of the Her Campus chapter at Kennesaw State and has been the Campus Correspondent and President for the past 3 years. In her spare time, she likes to create various DIY projects, read, and hang out with her furbabies. She hopes to continue her studies and lead Disney's Public Relations team in the future.