This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kennesaw chapter.

As a naturally curly-haired girl, I am always searching for the perfect product to pair with my hair. So much goes into treating and caring for our curls. With the different types of creams, puddings, and conditioners; it can be overwhelming sometimes just figuring out what is just right for your hair. Out of the numerous lines that I have tried, Shea Moisture is one that can not be beaten.

Shea Moisture is the home for a variety of lines that tailor to what your hair needs! With having 3c/4a type hair, the need for moisture is endless. It’s quite a hassle to keep my hair looking shiny and healthy consistently, but Shea Moistures 100% Virgin Coconut line helps me achieve a beautiful hydrated curly fro! Coconut oil is very beneficial when it comes to having healthy hair. Coconut oil stimulates growth, brings shine back into your hair, and moisturize it. The Shea Moisture 100% Virgin Coconut hair line consists of shampoo, conditioner, hot oil treatment, overnight perfecting treatment, and so much more. Out of all the products, three have made a difference in my curly hair routine is the shampoo, conditioner, and the re-hydration treatment masque.

The shampoo and conditioner work well together in moisturizing each curl and coating them. To achieve my best curls in the shower, I finger detangle first, and then I proceed to use a Denman brush to go through and get those tiny knots. The great thing about the shampoo is that it doesn’t make your hair feel stripped and dry after application. I am a firm believer in co-washing! I shampoo about once a week, depending on how the season is affecting the dryness of my hair. After shampooing, I follow with Shea Moisture’s re-hydration treatment masque. This mask brings all the life back into my hair that it has missed throughout the previous days. The conditioner has honestly become my best friend. I use it every day to freshen my hair up and add moisture to it as well!

Along with the shampoo, conditioner, and hydration masque; there are other products that help bring bounce to those curls! For everyday use, Shea Moisture has the 100% Virgin Coconut Oil Leave-In Treatment. This is helpful when you need a little moisture added to your hair, but you do not feel like soaking it. To keep those curls fresh overnight, Shea Moisture has the 100% Virgin Coconut Oil Overnight Perfecting Treatment. This overnight treatment helps with creating the perfect foundation for styling the next morning! Anyone could incorporate this into their nightly routine before bed too.

This line has been beneficial to me with bringing moisture back to my curls, but there are plenty of others that work for different hair types and textures! Below I have listed some lovely ladies, with diverse curl patterns, on YouTube that have reviewed these products as well!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjYit3UxQC8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJRKoXv_5Y8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QabapqbsBAU

Hello, I am Kayla. I am a Broadcast Journalism and Emerging Media major. I love being creative and the best way to express that for me is through writing and actually creating content. I am a major Foodie. Keep an eye out for some Her Campus articles: Kennesaw Edition.
Jaz Daley

Kennesaw '22

Jaz Daley is an Alum from Kennesaw State University and she majored in Public Relations. Jaz is the founder of the Her Campus chapter at Kennesaw State and was the Campus Correspondent and President for 4 years. In her spare time, she likes to create various DIY projects, read, and hang out with her furbabies. She hopes to continue her studies and lead Disney's Public Relations team in the future.