scene from Bridgerton on Netflix
scene from Bridgerton on Netflix
Shondaland / Netflix
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kennesaw chapter.

Netflix’s original show, Bridgerton, is a heartfelt coming of age series following new debutante Daphne Bridgerton and her search for a suitor. An old friend of Daphne’s brother, the Duke of Hastings, decides to visit the country at the height of debutante season. In a dramatic series of events, Miss Bridgerton and the Duke are forced to marry each other to save their reputations. The first installment of this incredible story has left waves of anticipation for the upcoming seasons. 

Burst Of TikTok Popularity

The burst of popularity for Bridgerton inspired TikTokers @abigailbarlowww and @emilythebear to create a conceptual musical based on the show. Barlow posted her first song, “Daphne’s Song,” on Jan. 10, encapsulating Daphne’s feelings about Hastings. Her first song reached 1.3 million views and 191,300 likes within two weeks. Barlow and Bear quickly created more content, naming their series, “What if Bridgerton was a Musical?” 

“Burn For You”

Their most popular song, “Burn for You” has reached 3.9 million views and 675,200 likes. This TikTok reached the eyes of the official BBC TikTok. In an interview with BBC, Barlow describes her dreams of transforming her concept music into a broadway musical one day. Until then, they will continue writing and posting more concept music, with more focus on other characters like Eloise and Violet Bridgerton. Meanwhile, we are left to see where Barlow and Bear take their work in the upcoming months!

You can find more updates and new songs by searching #bridgertonthemusical and visiting their website https://www.barlowandbear.com/ 

I am a freshman at Kennesaw State University, where I'm double majoring in journalism and Spanish. I play tennis and love getting involved in the community. Some of my passions include writing, service, graphic design, and reading any book I find. I can't wait to strengthen my writing skills and give y'all even more great articles to read!
A collegiette's guide to life from the KSU chapter of Her Campus!