Leaves Converse Fall Sneakers Ground
Leaves Converse Fall Sneakers Ground
Jackie Ryan / Her Campus

All Treats, No Tricks: Five Non-Halloween Activities to do in October

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kennesaw chapter.

While the idea of Halloween seems enticing, not everyone partakes in it around this time of year. Whether it’s for religious reasons or you simply don’t get the appeal, it’s completely okay to not want to get as involved. Plus, during these crazy times, it’s probably for the best that you stay inside! Here are a few ways to still get that immaculate fall feeling with none of the spooky stuff.

Bake Something!

Baking is a great activity and a useful life skill, and is especially great to do around this time of year. Make that banana bread loaf you’ve been dying to try or grab some cookie dough from the store and pop it in the oven. You can also give a savory dish a try!

Start a New TV Series

Netflix has been gaining traction by releasing new original series as well as classic TV favorites. Check out the classic 2000s show Girlfriends or Netflix’s rendition of Unsolved Mysteries. You can also get started on a series you’ve been meaning to watch.

Visit a Orchard or a Farm

There are lots of fresh fruits and vegetables available during this season. Visit a farm with a friend or two and pick your own goods! Apple-picking is an especially popular activity during the fall months. 

Indulge In Cozy Items!

When it comes to style and fashion, fuzzy and furry items are popular purchases. Stock up on cozy socks or take it a step further with furry slides! Don’t forget about sweater weather, either. A good sweatsuit or a warm jacket is always a good buy.

Create a Warm Drink

Warm drinks are a great way to insulate your body, and can be really fun to make at home. Make the ultimate cup of hot chocolate or doctor up a hot toddy (especially for the 21 and up crowd.)

Whatever you decide, make sure to stay safe and stay well. The seasons are changing and it’s important to do what you can to keep your health in check in all aspects. Make sure to still have fun and enjoy life!

Amariyah Callender is a 20-year-old journalist from Decatur, Georgia. She is currently studying Journalism and Emerging Media at Kennesaw State University. She has been in the journalism field for the past seven years, writing for local media platforms such as VOX ATL and Lotus Rosery. With a passion for music and lifestyle, Callender doesn't shy away from media buzz, the next big artist, or what's going on in the music scene in the Metro-Atlanta area. She also enjoys writing about her own personal experiences and how they have shaped her life as it is today. Read her latest article here!
A collegiette's guide to life from the KSU chapter of Her Campus!