5 Ways to Treat Yourself on Valentine’s Day & Beyond

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kennesaw chapter.

The season of love has come and whether you are single or in a relationship, it’s always a great time to treat yourself with your favorite things. In this article, I’ll be giving you some ideas on how to show yourself some love on Valentine’s Day and beyond. 

1. Take Yourself on A Date

Dates are usually between friends and romantic partners, but there’s absolutely nothing wrong with making dates a special time for yourself. Some fun things you can do are take yourself to dinner at your favorite restaurant, go shopping, go to the movies, or visit a museum. Taking yourself on dates is a great way to get to know yourself and create a better sense of self love.

2. Have a Self Care/Maintenance Day

Who doesn’t love going to the salon or spa? A great way to treat yourself is by doing activities that make you feel like you. That could be going to get your eyebrows threaded and tinted, getting your makeup professionally done, going to the hair salon and trying a new style, getting a mani-pedi, or getting a massage! Some people dedicate entire days to getting pampered and you can too!

3. Take Yourself on A Trip

Traveling alone is one of the newest trending ways to treat yourself! If you want to do a short trip you can travel to your nearest beach like Jekyll Island or St. Augustine and if you are looking to take a longer trip, book a flight out of the country! Traveling is a great way to clear your mind, take time to focus on yourself, and reflect. 

4. Cook Yourself a Meal

Food is the way to the heart, right? Challenging yourself to cook a meal you’ve never tried is a great treat, especially if it’s another culture or gourmet food. You can try to cook Indian, Jamaican, Italian, or any type of food your heart desires. If you’re really on your Gordon Ramsey game you can make it a three-course meal with an appetizer, entree, and dessert. 

5. Watch Your Favorite Movies

Don’t feel like going out? You can certainly treat yourself at home. Ordering in your favorite takeout and watching your favorite movies is a super chill way to show yourself some love. You can even add in a face mask and your favorite bottle of wine to make things even more relaxing. 

Will you be trying any of these activities to show yourself some love? I sure hope so, because you deserve it! 

Hi! I’m Taylor. I’m a Journalism & Emerging Media Major at Kennesaw State University and I’m a member of HerCampus @ KSU! I love all things beauty, pop culture, pageants, and broadcasting. When I graduate, I plan on working for a broadcasting network as an investigative reporter. I hope you follow Her Campus At KSU so you never miss our articles! ?