lidya nada MD ha01Bk7c unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
lidya nada MD ha01Bk7c unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Unsplash

5 Ways to Celebrate Your Birthday During the Pandemic

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kennesaw chapter.

This week I turn 21. I always expected to be able to go out to celebrate at a bar or a club, but I’m social distancing. As I tried to figure out what to do to celebrate my birthday, I had a few ideas I figured I should share. Here are five ways you can celebrate your birthday while still social distancing.

Celebrate With Your Roommates

If you have roommates, celebrate your special day with them! Not only will it be fun to hang out, but you’ll get to bond with the people you live with. Order a pizza, pick out a game to play or a show to watch, and have a good time!

Have a Zoom Party

You’ve heard of Zoom happy hour, now get ready for Zoom partying! Since we can’t hang out with 20 of our closest friends right now, why don’t we just host a Zoom call with everyone? Your friends can all make party hats out of paper and put them on for the Zoom call. If you’re old enough to drink, you can all raise a glass for your special day.

Meet With a Small Group 

Put your mask on and meet with a small group of friends in an open space like a park. Everyone can bring a blanket and sit 6 feet apart in a circle. You can talk and have a good time while staying safe!

Celebrate With Family

If you live with your family or close to home, you can celebrate together! Make dinner and watch a movie with the people you love. If you’re old enough to drink, convince your parents to open a fake bar where you can order a drink.

Netflix Party

If your favorite movie is on Netflix, set up a Netflix party and send the link to your friends and family. You can all watch the movie in sync and even chat in a sidebar. This option is great for those of us who don’t want the overwhelming feeling of a party but still want to include our friends in the celebration.

Social distancing isn’t the most ideal way to celebrate your birthday, but it is the safest for you and anyone you come in contact with. If you can still celebrate with the people you love from a distance, you’ll have a great time even though it isn’t what you imagined. Make sure to wear your mask over your mouth and nose and stay 6 feet apart if you decide to celebrate with friends or family you don’t live with. Do not meet anyone in person if you have symptoms or have been in contact with someone who tested positive for COVID. Stay safe and have a great birthday!

Emily Rubin

Kennesaw '22

Emily is a senior at Kennesaw State University.
A collegiette's guide to life from the KSU chapter of Her Campus!