This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kennesaw chapter.

Autumn is finally here! Tis the season for sweaters, blankets, pumpkins, and boots. This is a time to settle in and cozy up as we anticipate the coming of the colder months. With school being held mostly online, it’s easy to get so wrapped up in the schoolwork that we may forget to take in the sights and smells of autumn. Other than decorating our living spaces with pumpkins of all sizes and cinnamon-scented candles, cooking up some delicious desserts can kickstart the feeling for the approaching holiday festivities. Whether you’re vegan, gluten free, or simply wanting something easy to create, there’s a recipe for everyone!

Mini Apple Pies

Do you love apple pies but can’t find the time to go through the process of making one? If so, these mini apple pies can be made with store-bought pie crusts—the go-to item for quick and easy baking. Not only are these pies easy to make, but they are an adorable treat to take on the go.

Apple Crisp

A tried-and-true recipe, apple crisp is one of the perfect ways to welcome the coming of autumn. Sweet and bursting with cinnamon apples, pairing this with your favorite vanilla ice cream is the classic take on a comforting dessert. And bonus: this apple crisp recipe is gluten free, dairy free, and vegan!

Mini Pumpkin Cheesecakes

Stand back pumpkin pie! There’s a new version of you that deserves the culinary spotlight. Made with gingersnaps and filled with cheesecake flavors, this dessert will satisfy any pumpkin cravings you may have until it’s Thanksgiving. 

Apple Crisp Muffins

To create a new spin on a classic, try out these muffins that have apples on the inside and an apple crisp on the top. These muffins are also gluten free and vegan, so it’s a perfect dessert to treat those who follow these lifestyles or for anyone who loves apples, vanilla, and a crispy topping to their muffins.

Maple Oatmeal Cookies

If pumpkin isn’t your forte for desserts, try out these maple oatmeal cookies instead. Crisp, chewy, and topped with a maple glaze this dessert will have you transported to a world of nostalgia.

With autumn being such a short season, make sure to truly enjoy every aspect of it. Carve pumpkins, make soups, and watch your favorite films or shows! Make the most of the season with warm memories to keep you content through winter. Happy autumn!

Roseline is a Media and Entertainment Major at Kennesaw State University. She is also a writer for HC at KSU and is an avid lover of everything that deals with the arts, books, matcha, holistic living, and videography. Feel free to follow her on Instagram!
A collegiette's guide to life from the KSU chapter of Her Campus!