Wellness

5 Benefits of Going to the Chiropractor

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kennesaw chapter.

Improves your immune functions

Due to our nervous system regulating our cell functions, any misalignment can ripple effect on our immune system. Thus, resulting in our body has a more challenging time fighting off viruses/ illnesses. Going to the chiropractor helps restore nerve functioning by aligning your bones and nerves back the way they should.

Help with neck and lower back pain

We’ve all experienced this type of pain before home; some home remedies do not help either. Getting an adjustment can reduce the pain in these areas by realigning your spinal cord back to its “original” position. This option is also an alternative from surgeries that your doctor may suggest.

Helps with vertigo

Sometimes for me, at least, it is simply standing up or getting out of bed that will have me dizzy and seeing light spots or flashes. From then, I must stand in place or sit back down until my body can regulate the motion and I no longer feel dizzy. A simple alignment targets the joints that are not moving correctly during those moments. Those joints are placed back into alignment and help reduce these episodes.

Reduces your need or reliance on pain relivers

I know many people need to take something for pain daily, me being one of them. Considering to be adjusted by a chiropractor helps reduce your body aches and pains. The readjustment keeps your body aligned, so essentially, if you continue to see the chiropractor at least 3 times a month, it helps reduce your body pain and need for medication. Coincidentally my doctor says that her parents are both chiropractors, as so is she, and none of them have ever had to take medication to make sure they stay aligned.

Can help with athletic performance

It is said to be that having a spinal adjustment increases your joint mobility, reduces muscle pain, and less tissue restriction. This ultimately can result in fewer injuries.

Myesha Mays

Kennesaw '21

I'm a KSU senior majoring in psychology