This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kennesaw chapter.

I’ve been getting back into video games lately since I got a PS4 for Christmas. Video games have always been a fun way to pass time for me, and I love the stories many of them have. There’s three particular games that I played that have really earned their way on my top ten list. 

The Last of Us

Now, The Last of Us is one of my all time favorite video games. I’ve played it many times, watched dozens of analysis videos, and watched the newest live action show of the game that airs on HBO Max. This game shines through due to its amazing storytelling and incredible characters. It’s dark, it’s heartbreaking at times, and very combat heavy. It changed the game when it came to storytelling in video games. 

God of War

God of War is based off of Norse Mythology, which peaked my interest when I first heard about it because mythology is fascinating to me. Like The Last of Us, God of War stands out because of its amazing storytelling and the father- son relationship between Kratos and Atreus. The combat is really fun, especially when it’s on hard mode. The side missions are just as fun and as challenging as the main storyline. I love how they add to the world and side characters. 

Hades

This game is really hard puzzle-solving. I especially love the art in it. I don’t usually play games like this, but this one took me by surprise with how much fun it is. It’s challenging, and I love the fact that you meet different people along the journey and do side quests with them. I also like the mechanisms of the main character dying and coming back to life in order to defeat the gods of Olympus and leave Underworld. 

Gahnique Bell

Kennesaw '25

Hey guys! My name is Gahnique Bell and I am an English Major and a Film Studies Minor here at Kennesaw State University! I'm essentially a huge nerd who loves to read, write, draw, play video games, and watch tv shows/movies! I also love to explore different places, learn about new things, and enjoy the company of my friends and family!