Wellness > Mental Health

10 Keys To Manifesting Reassurance and Overcoming Insecurities

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kennesaw chapter.

The climate of today’s society features millennials who have issues with self-doubt, insecurities, and feelings trying to uphold a social construct. We, sometimes, will feel this way but how do we still seem to feel so alone in dealing with these feelings? No one likes to talk to talk about it, and some people are insecure for even having insecurities. With this in mind, it is essential for us to recognize how we feel.

Here is a list of 10 strategies and ideas to keep in mind on your path to manifest self-assurance!

1. Practice self-care

Try getting rid of social media for a few days, go to yoga, try a new food place you have been itching to go to, call a friend you miss, or dress up even if you have nowhere to go. These are acts that focus entirely on you. 

2. Recognize that following your path inspires others to do the same. That’s just a fact.

We can all inspire one another by just being ourselves and not comparing ourselves to each other’s journeys. 

3. Keep positive affirmations in mind.

Positive minds cause positive change. Your mindset about yourself will determine how those little thoughts of insecurities will take effect on you.

4. Don’t wait until you think society will accept your idea to pitch it; there is no time like the present. Do it now!

Whatever it is that you wish you could do, you can do it right at this moment if you want to. Nothing stopping you besides you!

5. Surround yourself with those who inspire and support you.

Mentors, friends, family, or co-workers! People you look up to will remind you not to let insecurities deter you from working toward the goals you seek.

6. Family approval is not necessary, live out your dreams for the betterment of your mental health and wellbeing.

Sometimes we look outward to see if our successes are “successful enough.” Recognize that you won’t be able to please everyone and that is acceptable.

7. Remember that your successes will be successes to you but not always to someone else. Period.

Haters are your motivators!

8. Recognize that your insecurities DO NOT, WILL NOT, and CAN NOT define you.

You have your best interest at heart, and as long as you are working hard, doing what you love, and taking care of yourself, everything will fall into place.

9. Tell yourself that everything will be okay. 

Manifest that. And that is what it will be.

10. Apply humor heavily.

Laugh at your mistakes and learn from them!

Writer’s Instagram: @jasminexmonique

Jasmine Holland

Kennesaw '22

I am a junior marketing major at Kennesaw State University from Augusta, Georgia #706 :) I love to write about topics relating to my own experiences, fitness, veganism, and anything that could make someone happy and/or motivate and inspire them. //ig:@plantingjasmines //ig: @jasminexmonique
A collegiette's guide to life from the KSU chapter of Her Campus!