Reminiscing on the Fashion Show

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Keiser LAC chapter.

It was on November 18th of 2015 that Keiser University Latin American Campus and the Fashion Club hosted the annual Fashion Show. This event always provides us students with the opportunity to discover several stores and designers in order to help a good cause, and this show was not an exception. This year the money earned in the Fashion Show went directly to the Mission Trip and Little Heroes and the brands and designers involved showed us a whole new side of fashion. This year’s show was characterized for presenting colorful clothes for both men and women. The runway was composed of models, which are currently students in our campus. We had the pleasure of having two bands sing at the show, and the guests had the opportunity to win great raffles.

The president of the Fashion Show Genesis Montoya did an amazing job with the help of the staff in creating a great environment, and being able to put on a great show. She felt very happy with herself and the outcome she achieved”. “First of all, I am very grateful with everyone that supported me, many of the sponsors even said yes immediately, and that helped things go smoother. It is very rewarding to see all the girls and boys getting ready and I could not be more excited that the day finally arrived”.

Genesis was a model on last year’s fashion show but this year, however, she experienced working backstage for the first time. “Last year modeling was a great experience, however, working backstage and organizing the show is a whole different perspective. I am loving every minute of it! Last year I was relaxed, just getting ready to walk and model, but this year I am in charge of getting everything done in time and in perfect state. I especially loved to help all the models get ready and see the excitement and nerves in their eyes. It reminded me of my first time walking!”.

The guests enjoyed the show a lot and the models could not have had a better time experiencing the runway! The 2015 Fashion Show turned out to be a great success, the models did an amazing job, and the designers really outdid themselves with their designs. This year’s fashions show was full with color and music, definitely setting high expectations for next year’s show. 

I am a Sophomore in Keiser University Latin American Campus, and my major is Political Science. I enjoy reading, writing, and playing volleyball. I love Nicaragua, my favourite place is Granada because of it's rich culture, and vibrant colors. My favourite singer is Halsey, and her album Badlands is definitely my favourite album. I love having new opportunities, I am a risk taker, and I really enjoy taking on new adventures. Right now, I am enjoying the ride and I am learning new things every day!
Valeria is the correspondent and head editor of her chapter in Keiser University Latin American Campus and is a second-semester freshman pursuing a degree in International Business diplomacy. She has an addiction to reading, writing, and cookie milkshakes. She manages her chapter’s club on her campus in Nicaragua and is actively involved in other campus activities as well, but you can usually find her gushing about the latest novel she read, having lots of snacks, and playing tennis.