Miss Teen Central America: An Unforgettable Experience

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Keiser LAC chapter.

Name: Jenny Estela Rueda Flores

Age: 17

Major: Business Administration

Hometown: Leon, Nicaragua

Class Status: Freshman

What inspired you to become part of the world of beauty pageants and modeling agencies? “I have been participating in beauty pageants since I was a little girl in my school and also in my hometown. I liked being part of them because I simply loved the feeling of being more beautiful in the sense that when someone did my make-up and hair, and I strutted those cute heels and dresses, I felt like a princess! Walking on stage was like a dream.”

“I always followed the beauty contest shows, fashion shows, and everything related to those areas closely. I have to admit that I love seeing the grooming processes, such as make-up and hair transformations, both in women and men because they enhance their natural beauty.”

Who is your role model? “Undoubtedly, my role model is my mom. She is a fighter who strives hard to get what she wants, and she is a beautiful person, both physically and emotionally. She is a wife and a mother to four daughters, and we admire her greatly because she is able to manage everything in life that comes her way and also devotes a lot of her time to us. She unconditionally cares for me and my sisters and I think that without her, we are nothing. Without her help and support, we would not be able to accomplish our dreams in the same way. I am very grateful and proud of my mother because she is the strongest pillar in my life and it is thanks to her that I am able to achieve my dreams with confidence and purpose.”

What was your experience like during the Miss Teen Central America contest? “Miss Teen Central America has been one of the best experiences of my life not only because I got the title and won a crown, but because I am now able to cherish and carry with me the unforgettable memories and friendships I formed with the rest of the candidates, whom I now consider my friends. It is amazing that in just one week a bond so strong could be formed. I believe that sharing this with them was the best part of the competition.”

“I was truly surprised when the director of “Belleza Juvenil Nicaragua”, the beauty pageant agency where I once participated and was the first finalist, asked me to represent my country. It was not an easy task, but I think I did a good job in representing not only Nicaragua but now, Central America.”

What is something not many people know about you?

• “I don’t drink soda since about five years ago. I may drink it once in a while, but I don’t get past three sips of it!”
  • “Another thing not many people know is that I love fries! Whether they are fried, baked, mashed, it doesn’t matter! I’ll have them anytime!

What are your future plans and dreams? For now, I want to focus on my career and get my degree when I graduate from college. However, if God allows me, I would also like to continue being part of the Fashion World and beauty pageants while studying. I want to continue doing this, that’s for sure. It is something that I really enjoy and I consider it to be one of my favorite hobbies. I cannot say what I will be doing in a 10-year future because God is the only one who knows what awaits me, but I trust His plans are perfect and that I will be able to accomplish my dreams mentioned above to be happy!

Valeria is the correspondent and head editor of her chapter in Keiser University Latin American Campus and is a second-semester freshman pursuing a degree in International Business diplomacy. She has an addiction to reading, writing, and cookie milkshakes. She manages her chapter’s club on her campus in Nicaragua and is actively involved in other campus activities as well, but you can usually find her gushing about the latest novel she read, having lots of snacks, and playing tennis.