This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Keiser LAC chapter.

By the time the date of leaving to college arrives we set these high expectations and think that college is a big frat party or that everyone gets along with everyone (at least I did) and, in reality, the most valuable friends are few. In the short year I’ve been in college I have learned the importance of having people to support you and love you unconditionally. You might get along with a lot of people at first or not get along with anyone, but sooner or later you will realize who was there for you or who accepts you for who you are. However, not everyone will always like you and that’s okay. In college you will find many personalities, opinions, and beliefs that may differ with yours and that is also okay. College is a time in our lives where we discover ourselves, we experience things we never did, and we get a little taste of what real life is.

In college, you will face frustration, heartbreaks, anger, drama, and many other situations that you will overcome and with the help of your friends they might be a bit more bearable.  Your friendships should make you grow as a person; you should be able to trust your friends, and be there for them no matter what.  Real friends will accept you for who you are, will respect your opinions and beliefs, will be there to help you when they can, and will not care for looks or money. You will not have to brag about the things you own to impress them. If you think your friends peer pressure you, lead you to bad decisions, or have made you change in the wrong way, then maybe it is time for you to look for other friends.

I was lucky enough to find the best friends I could ask for. We have been through ups and downs but we have also shared special moments together. We have gone in trips togethers, shared things with one another, and we have solved problems together. Unfortunaly, my two best friends are transferring next semester and I will be staying. I will miss them so much but I am sure we will carry memories forever and always remember of the great times we had. Life is a journey and when you find people that make your life a little bit better you should be thankful for them and cherish them while you can. 

I am a Sophomore in Keiser University Latin American Campus, and my major is Political Science. I enjoy reading, writing, and playing volleyball. I love Nicaragua, my favourite place is Granada because of it's rich culture, and vibrant colors. My favourite singer is Halsey, and her album Badlands is definitely my favourite album. I love having new opportunities, I am a risk taker, and I really enjoy taking on new adventures. Right now, I am enjoying the ride and I am learning new things every day!