Brothers in Blue, AU AU!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Keiser LAC chapter.

Households, Teams, and Clubs are a fundamental part of every college student’s life, especially for those who live on campus. This past September 29th, the household Xth Legion of Christ celebrated its twelfth anniversary. The blue household, recognized for its shirt’s color, was the first male household of Keiser University Latin American Campus. It was founded in 2003 after a group of students went to a retreat. They were so excited about all the activities that took place in that retreat that they wanted to continue doing things like that more often. These students began meeting on a weekly basis to talk about their experience in the retreat and how they were doing during the week until they decided to create a new club, the first male household.

In the Latin American Campus, a household is a community of siblings in Christ, where boys or girls get together to learn more about specific topics about God and simply be together sharing with one another. My personal experience in these four semesters as a Legionary has been nothing but amazing and now, I have the blessing of being the vice-president of such a wonderful household. Even though it is a catholic oriented household, every person from any Christ focused religion feels very comfortable as one of its members.

The household Xth Legion of Christ was so called because their founders wanted to fight for Christ as the Roman legions used to do for the Caesar. We as Christians and members of the household have decided to consecrate our lives to our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.

However, we do not only help each other with our spiritual lives, but also with anything else a Legionary might need help with. Problems with your Accounting class? Don’t worry! Even though we might know even less than you, we will find a way to help you out because in the end, what really matters is the willingness of each Legionary to make the student’s college life more enjoyable in every possible aspect. 

Hey there! My name is Marlon Tijerino. I am a Business Administration student at Keiser University Latin American Campus. I am a Nicaraguan poet, and now a writer of Her Campus. My biggest goals are to have my own business and to publish a book. I currently am 18 years old. I also sing in the Choir for my church as a tenor. Don't get surprise if the first time I meet you I try to sell you something. I love jokes and I consider myself as a very extroverted person. Very glad to be part of this chapter!
Valeria is the correspondent and head editor of her chapter in Keiser University Latin American Campus and is a second-semester freshman pursuing a degree in International Business diplomacy. She has an addiction to reading, writing, and cookie milkshakes. She manages her chapter’s club on her campus in Nicaragua and is actively involved in other campus activities as well, but you can usually find her gushing about the latest novel she read, having lots of snacks, and playing tennis.