This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Keiser LAC chapter.

This week’s cutie is none other than Andrea Mendoza, an energetic and fun girl, who also happens to be one of the talented photographers for our chapter! Get to know more about her dreams and passions with this interesting article!

Name: Andrea Mendoza

Age: 21

Major/Concentration: Business Administration with a concentration in Marketing

Class status: Junior

Relationship Status: Single

Favorite music genre: Indie/folk music

Where are you from? I was born in Canada but raised in a Nicaraguan household, and then, I moved back to Nicaragua when I was four years old.

How would you describe yourself? I’d say my personality has different layers. At first, I am extremely shy and people tend to think that I am standoffish, but it’s just me being shy. However, after a while and once I get comfortable, I am actually very friendly. I love joking around and being sarcastic!

What are some of your favorite hobbies? I really enjoy spending time with my family and friends, and watching movies or shows. I also really like to spend time alone and listen to some good indie music.

Tell us about your photography! What inspired you? Ever since I was little I have had an interest in photography, but never had the chance to develop my skills. I hope that once I graduate from university I can start some photography courses.

How do you see yourself in 5 years? In 5 years, I see myself opening up my own restaurant, which has been my lifelong dream. I know exactly what I want and how I want it, I just need to have enough experience and money to get there.

How many sisters do you have? I have two sisters: Daniela, who is my older sister, and Claudia Lucia, who is my younger sister. I love both of them so much, and we all have a great relationship with each other.

Tell us about the relationship between your sister Daniela and you: Daniela and I have an awesome relationship. I consider her my best friend and even though we have very different personalities we manage to have a great dynamic.

What are the 5 things you look for in a guy? We all have an ideal guy we would like to have a relationship with, but I have learned that looks don’t matter as much; I’d rather date someone who makes me laugh and has a great personality than someone who has great looks but 0% personality. My top five must-haves are:

• Great personality (He needs to keep up with my random humor)
  • Good manners (I’m very picky with that)
  • Great style
  • Catholic
  • Has to be respectful

What are some of your most embarrassing moments? I’ve had so many embarrassing moments, and most of them include falling down at some point!

• Once, I fell down the stairs at the movie theater, and everyone laughed and stared at me. I was so embarrassed that I started crying.
  • On another occasion, I was having dinner in a restaurant with my sisters and we were laughing so hard that I fell from my chair. I guess I looked like I needed help because the other customers got up their chairs to help me stand up. Oops!

Other fun facts about Andrea…

• She loves arts and crafts.
  • After graduating university, she wants to take cooking and photography classes.
  • She loves to draw.
  • She has a random humor!

Photo Credits to Claudia Lucia Mendoza

Katherinne is a Freshman at Keiser University LAC. She is Vice-President of Her Campus Chapter club in Nicaragua. As a music lover and traveller, she spends her free time playing piano, singing, listening to music and looking for new places to explore. She loves acting, Tv, and her favorite place is the beach. You can find her on Instagram and We heart it @katherinnespl and Twitter: @GlittersSmitter.
Valeria is the correspondent and head editor of her chapter in Keiser University Latin American Campus and is a second-semester freshman pursuing a degree in International Business diplomacy. She has an addiction to reading, writing, and cookie milkshakes. She manages her chapter’s club on her campus in Nicaragua and is actively involved in other campus activities as well, but you can usually find her gushing about the latest novel she read, having lots of snacks, and playing tennis.