Ten of the most popular old and current chic flicks of all time.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kean chapter.

Throughout the years there have been many movies that many women classify as their top girly movies of all time. Men tend to call these type of films “chic flicks” and here are the top ten from the 90’s through 2013.

1. “Ten Things I Hate About You”

“Ten Things I Hate about You” is an old film that still attracts many teenagers and even some college students until this day. It also has the adorable and sexy Heath Ledger playing a rebel high school kid that any girl would fall for. He still makes me drool while watching this film.

2. “Princess Diaries”

“Princess Diaries” is a really cute chic flick film for girls who love watching movies about a simple high school teenager that has an interesting secret past. If you are a huge fan of Anne Hathaway and want to see one of her biggest girly first films she ever starred in, then definitely check out this film.

3. “Cinderella Story”

Another princess style movie was “Cinderella Story” with Hilary Duff and Chad Michael Murray. If you like the original version of “Cinderella” by Disney, then you will love this this modern “Cinderella Story” film. It adds a nice twist to the classic, cool music, and sweet unique kissing scene at the end.

4. “Transformers”

If you are into robots, action, and the oh so handsome Shia La Beouf then you probably saw “Transformers”. “Transformers” is a wonderful film for ladies that like action movies, plus romance, and some amazing cars.

5. “Casino Royale”

“The name is Bond, James Bond.”

Ahh who can ever get enough of James Bond. James Bond films are just fantastic with the action, stunning gowns worn by the Bond girls, and the constant changes in the Bond characters, which the most recent is Daniel Craig. If you always wanted to know what its like to attend a high class poker game, then watch “Casino Royale”.

6.  “P.S. I love You”

Although this movie is sad, it does have a beautiful love story to it. If you like Gerard Butler and Hilary Swank in their most vulnerable roles, then you probably saw this film. In addition to some sad moments, it has some cheerful scenes like karaoke one, a funny fishing scene, plus images of Ireland. This film is fantastic and if you have not checked it out already, then do so. It will have the same strong effect on your heart like “The Notebook” did.

[pagebreak]

7. “Made of Honor”

Which lady does not like a wedding film? If you enjoy watching funny wedding films involving best friends then watch “Made of Honor”. It has a ton of comedy, romance, plus Patrick Dempsey!

8. “The Dark Knight”   

“Why so serious?” If you are a huge fan of the Batman films and love some Heath Ledger, then you mostly likely watched “The Dark Knight”. This movie was unfortunately the last film that Heath Ledger starred in before he died, but he will always be remembered for being such an extremely talented man and he will also always be known as playing a brilliant, but funny version of the joker. Here is a clip of Heath in action. Rest in peace Heath Ledger.   

9. “Beastly”

If you are still into Disney style films and loved watching “Beauty and the Beast” as a child and even still watch it today, then check out “Beastly”. “Beastly” is a great movie that adds a little twist to the beast character. Mary Kate Olsen plays the witch and she turns a handsome, self absorbed teenage boy into this cool looking creature. Although he found himself to be ugly as the beast, he actually had some cool graphic designs on him that represented each season of the year. This film is wonderful because it teaches people the lesson of not judging someone by their looks, but to focus on their personalities.   

10. “Pirates of the Carribbean on Stranger Tides”

If you ask a female who is your favorite hot actor of all time that plays weird, funny, and sometimes scary roles they would most likely swoon and say Johnny Depp. Johnny Depp plays the crazy, sucks at escaping in bad situations Captain Jack Sparrow. If you already watched the first couple of “Pirates of the Carribbean” films and enjoyed every minute of those, then you should definitely see “Pirates of the Carribbean on Stranger Tides.” This particular movie in the franchise not only has the typical pirate fighting, but they also feature beautiful, but dangerous mermaids. Here is a clip so you can see what I mean about the dangerous mermaids, along with a Johnny Depp in action clip.   

These are the top ten chic flicks that incorporate romance and action. If you have not seen some of these films, then you should definitely set aisde some time to do so, and if you enjoy them add them to your chic flick collection!   

[pagebreak]

Photo credit

www.fanpop.com

www.fanpop.com

wallpho.com

jamesbond.wikia.com

www.fanpop.com

www.hdwpapers.com

www.amazon.com

www.amishgazeboos.com

hdwallpapers.com

I received my Associate's degree in Liberal Arts Journalism at Middlesex County College. I have a variety of Journalism experience. I was in charge of children's newsletter at a summer camp program. I worked on a news report at MCC about a program called "Give Kids a Smile" and this program provided free dental care to children. I am great at digital photography, interviewing, and networking. I also wrote for two school newspapers.The first was "Quo Vadis" for Middlesex County College. I am currently a second time writer for "The Tower" newspaper at Kean. I am currently the Vice President of Her Campus for the Fall semester 2013 and during the Spring I will be the President of Her Campus Kean magazine. This May 2014 I will be graduating with my Bachelor's degree in Communications/ Journalism.