Television shows to catch up with during Spring Break

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kean chapter.

“Teen Wolf”

Mtv’s “Teen Wolf” continues to get better each season. First season you had Scott trying to deal with falling in love for the first time, finding out the truth behind Allison his love interest, the challenges with being a werewolf, plus dealing with friendship issues, etc. There were even scenes of epic fighting.

Season 2 of “Teen Wolf” you had the kanima and the wolves trying to deal with finding out who the actual kanima was, trying to put a stop to the murders because of kanima, relationship issues, personal issues with parents, etc. Derek also forcing people to turn into wolves as well.

This season also focused on the alpha packs coming in to town, a pile of murder cases where people were strangled with wire, Scott’s mom getting used to knowing her son is werewolf and helping him maintain his grades and determination with all his classes.

Season 3 of “Teen Wolf” deals with Scott meeting a new girl named Keira who has the power to absorb electricity, among other talents. Derek trying to reach out to his dead mom. Lydia dealing with her typical on and off relationship drama. Stiles Scott’s best friend totally losing his mind! When I say lose his mind, I mean that Stiles did not just go crazy, but he was actually very close to killing Scott, along with some other students at school.

As you can see each season continued to advance in the story plot, characters personalities grew or matured, each season had epic fighting, twists and turns. Guys showing off their chest area, especially wolves! If you loved “Teen Wolf” through the first two seasons, then you totally need to check season 3 out during Spring Break. “Teen Wolf” comes on every Monday at 10 p.m. on the Mtv channel.

VH1 “Single Ladies”

VH1 “Single Ladies” is a show that deals with a group of women that are hard working and work at boutique called Indulgence. They deal with relationship problems including cheating, trust issues, etc. They also deal with trying to become independent for the first time and follow the career path that they see for themselves, not ones that their parents dictate for them, which happened with Raquel.

In season 2 of “Single Ladies” everyone was introduced to Raquel Landcaster who was a sweet, strong minded woman, that was on her way to being engaged to a supposedly great man. The night of their rehearsal dinner, she caught her fiance having sex with another woman in a hotel room. From that moment on, she decided to put the heart breaking moment to the side and dive into her passion which involved working in the fashion industry.

Throughout her childhood Raquel’s mother forced her daughter away from falling in love with a poor man (kind of like with Allie in “The Notebook”), she wanted to force her daughter into ivy league schools, and beauty pagents. Eventually Raquel grew so tired of her mother’s crap that she took a stand, it of course caught her mother off guard, but she finally backed off for good. Raquel took permanent control of her life and in the process of that found some hot men to date and hook up with.

In season 3, Raquel, Keesha, and April deal with advancing their careers and overcoming some hurdles that are in the way, Raquel begins to casually date some sexy men, in particular one that many people may know from “Stomp the Yard” Laz Alonso. April deals with trying to forget a one night stand, that seems impossible because the guy that she hooked up with, actually works at the same music company she does. Keesha deals with her relationship with Malcolm, and trying to get over Shawn her ex that keeps breaking her heart, even as friends.

If you enjoy watching shows that have drama, beautiful clothing styles, and eye candy, this show is a major must see. “Single Ladies” comes on every Monday at 9 p.m. on VH1.

AMC’s “Mad Men”

Do you ever wish that sometimes you can go back to another time period like the 60s and learn about the issues that people experienced first hand, ranging from the career field, exploring issues with racism, and women trying to get their independence in their homes? If you are into that particulalry the 60s era, check out AMC’s “Mad Men”.

“Mad Men” is a great show that focuses fully on the 60’s era, and women trying to get the recognition they need in their careers. In “Mad Men” three of the main adult stars are Penny, Megan and Don Draper. Penny is a woman who is very quiet, hard working, and extremely creative, but does not receive the respect she deserves while working at an advertising firm.

Don Draper is a jerk, controlling, a flirt, has sex with multiple women and constantly cheats in his marriages. Don’s first marriage was ruined because he had sex with Megan from his advertising company. He tried to fight his feelings for her, but he could not control himself, so he decided to move on from his first wife, and tie the knot with Megan. Their marriage was fine in the beginning, but then Don went back to his cheating ways, and Megan left him. She got a divorce from Don and of course he tries to win her back.

I missed some of the beginning seasons of the show, but they are constantly showing repeats on television every Sunday starting at around 8 a.m. and I made it a little tradition to catch up with “Mad Men” every Sunday morning. Believe me it is such a great show, that once you start watching it, it will become very hard to pull yourself away from your television.

P.S. If you love the fashion in “Mad Men” in the store Banana Republic they have a huge collection based on the same 60s fashion pieces and if you don’t shop at expensive stores like that and prefer bargain shopping like I do, you can always find some 60s inspired fashion pieces at the mall, especially 60s style shoes.

CW’s “The Vampire Diaries”

“The Vampire Diaries” is a show that is now on its fifth season and although some people doubted that it would continue its high success, especially since “The Originals” is such a huge hit, you were slightly wrong. “The Vampire Diaries” season 5 had some boring episodes, but the story plot continued to become better throughout the season and more intense. This season Caroline and Elena went off to college, and Bonnie joined them after she came back from the dead. Damon went off the deep end again, or maybe just back to his old ways with killing people for no reason. Caroline and Tyle broke up, and Katherine finally met the daughter she lost so many years ago, Nadia.

Katherine went through some drastic changes after taking the cure, and she almost died especially after she had a heart attack. In order to save her mother, Nadia did a spell with a witch and found a way for Katherine to take control of Elena’s entire body. In other words, Katherine became a traveler and a host in Elena’s body. Elena is currently gone from the show and Katherine’s original body was burned.

If you would like to catch up on the episodes that you missed this season you can do one or two things. First you can watch “The Vampire Diaries” season 5 episodes, on the CW network every Thursday at 8 p.m., or you can go to the website www.cw11.com, click “The Vampire Diaries” and watch the episodes that way as well.

These are four of the top shows that I recommend that you can catch up on during Spring Break vacation!

[pagebreak]

teenwolf.wikia.com

tvfanatic.com

madmen.wikia.com

www.hdwallpapers.in

I received my Associate's degree in Liberal Arts Journalism at Middlesex County College. I have a variety of Journalism experience. I was in charge of children's newsletter at a summer camp program. I worked on a news report at MCC about a program called "Give Kids a Smile" and this program provided free dental care to children. I am great at digital photography, interviewing, and networking. I also wrote for two school newspapers.The first was "Quo Vadis" for Middlesex County College. I am currently a second time writer for "The Tower" newspaper at Kean. I am currently the Vice President of Her Campus for the Fall semester 2013 and during the Spring I will be the President of Her Campus Kean magazine. This May 2014 I will be graduating with my Bachelor's degree in Communications/ Journalism.