Style ideas for Kean University’s Spring 2014 Senior Formal

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kean chapter.

If you are a lady that likes to dress in comfortable clothes like sweats, jeans, and simple tee shirts, just like me, but does not mind spicing things up for a fancy occasion, then here is an excuse to show off. On May 2, Kean University is having their Senior Formal at the Sheraton Hotel in Parsippany, NJ. The attire for the event is black and white, and in order to help you ladies out, here are some ideas for dresses, jewelery, shoes, and hairstyles that you can wear on this big night.

Dresses!

Rebekah’s black dress from “The Originals”

In “The Originals” for episode 3 called “Tangled up in blue” Rebekah Mikaelson wore a goregous strapless black long dress with a black ribbon in the middle of it. This dress is perfect for an elegant occasion and the best thing is that no matter what jewelry piece you add to it, it will still look timeless. It is also easy enough to move around in, especially if you are a major dancer at parties. This dress style is very popular and you can find it pretty much in any store that sells formal clothing for large events.

Lauren Conrad’s short black lace dress from her Kohl’s collection

Lauren Conrad best known from the MTV television show “The Hills” and also known for her books “Beauty” and the LA Candy Series, has her own collection of clothes at Kohls! Lauren’s collection is as glamarous as she is and one of her fashion pieces is this beautiful black lace short length dress. This dress is simple, but fun to wear for a Spring formal.

White lace flirty dress from micdresses.com

If you want something flirty, sexy, and short, with elegance then check out this old fashioned short length white lace dress. This dress is great if you want to have your man shaking in his knees when he sees you.

White and black striped dress from White House Black Market

If you are simple girl that likes to just be in a plain gown that does its job for a certain occasion, then check out this black and white medium length dress from White House Black Market. This dress is wonderful because it is formal, but can also be used for casual events as well. This dress is also ideal if your fashion sense leans more towards rocking roll!

Jewelery!

Just about every women’s favorite part about dressing up for a nice occasion, is finding jewelry to go with their outfit! Here are some fun ideas that you can try in the earrings category.

Pearls

Target has a lot of nice jewelery for good prices and one of their elegant jewerly pieces are these pearl earrings. Now of course since it is a black and white attire for the formal, you can’t wear pink, but check out how pretty the white and cream pearls are! If you like small earrings then you should definitely try these!

Chandelier earrings

I love chandelier earrings and if you like this style as well, then check out these beautiful silver rhinestone chandelier earrings at Target. They are definitely a show stopper for your Senior Formal!

[pagebreak]

Shoes

Now that you have your dress and jewelry, it is time for the shoes. Aside from the dress, shoes are probably the hardest thing for a woman to find if your shoe size continues to change, or if you lost a lot of weight. No need to worry though, here are some cool shoes that you can try for the formal and they will not break your wallet.

Black pumps

A great store to check out shoes for really cheap prices is Payless. These black pumps are plain and comfortable to walk in, especially since the heel is not too high. They can also be used for other occassions, or for business trips, and interviews.

White and silver sandals

If you are more of a sandal girl, then check out these adorable white, clear, and silver sandals from Payless. They are fancy and have an extremely low heel so you won’t have to worry about having red feet the whole night.

Black see through shoes

If you want something that is unique and see through, then check out these black funky heels from beautystop.com. They even have ruffles on it if you are into that. These shoes are hot and will be fun to rock out in for your formal.

White glitter flat shoes

If you feel more comfortable wearing completely flat shoes for your Senior Formal then check out these cute glittery flats! Glitter flat shoes can be found pretty much in any store, whether its Macy’s, Old Navy sometimes has them, or Payless. Sometimes even Rainbow will carry them. These shoes are adorable for this event.

Hairstyles!

Once you have the dress, jewelry, and shoes chosen for an event, the last step to complete your outfit is getting your hair done. Here are some hot, sassy, and classic hairstyles that you can try for your Senior Formal!

Medium sized loose curls

If you want something elegant, but not too tight, then try to get your hair done in loose curls, like Blair from “Gossip Girl” did. If you want you can also add a ribbon, or even a fake flower to jazz it up a little!

Side swept messy curls

If you like curls, but don’t like having too much hair in your face, then try the side swept messy curl hairstyle that Rosalie in “Breaking Dawn” did. This look is great if you want your hair to feel a little rough, but still flawless.

Braided headband style

If you like braids just like I do, then try and go for Jessica Alba’s braided red carpet hairstyle. Her hair is in beautiful neat thin braids going from the front of her hair to back of her neck. It also gathered with the rest of her hair in a bun style. If you like buns and braids, then go this look.

Sassy straight hairstyle

One hairstyle that is ideal no matter what event, casual, or fancy that you go to, is the sassy straight hair. Straight hair is just about the easiest hairstyle that you can do for an event as big as a Senior Formal. If you want to make your hair look like Elena’s from “The Vampire Diaries” add a little curl to the ends of your hair and you are ready to conquer the night!

This is your personal glam guide by Jasmine Leach for your Senior Spring Formal! I hope it helps all of you women look your best on this once in a lifetime occassion!

[pagebreak]

Photo credit

www.fanpop.com

www.kohls.com

www.micdresses.com

shopping.yahoo.com

jadore_fashionlove.blogspot.com

twilightsaga.wikia.com

www.beautyismyduty.com

www.fanpop.com

www.payless.com

www.payless.com

thebeautystop.com

www.pinterest.com

www.target.com

www.target.com

I received my Associate's degree in Liberal Arts Journalism at Middlesex County College. I have a variety of Journalism experience. I was in charge of children's newsletter at a summer camp program. I worked on a news report at MCC about a program called "Give Kids a Smile" and this program provided free dental care to children. I am great at digital photography, interviewing, and networking. I also wrote for two school newspapers.The first was "Quo Vadis" for Middlesex County College. I am currently a second time writer for "The Tower" newspaper at Kean. I am currently the Vice President of Her Campus for the Fall semester 2013 and during the Spring I will be the President of Her Campus Kean magazine. This May 2014 I will be graduating with my Bachelor's degree in Communications/ Journalism.