This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kean chapter.

If anyone at Kean knows anything about a good bargain, its Isabella Flores. Isabella is a Psychology OT Major, but when she isn’t studying or volunteering, she’s out to find her next great buy. “Even though I am a bit of a shopaholic I always make sure I get the best deal I can get, I even got this Moto jacket I’ve been wanting for a while at discount.” Her leather jacket is from Topshop. The original price was $120 but she managed to get it for $24 In the Philippines. Isabella’s shirt is from Nirvana, her pants H&M, shoes are Jeffery Campbell, and her belt and other accessories from Urban Outfitters, along with her Long Champ bag.

One way that Isabella tries to get more bang for her buck is through EBay “ The great thing about EBay is that they have such a wide variety of recent trends like Alex and Ani bracelets for such a low price and sometimes even free shipping. If you’re a little bit unsure about a recent trend, but you still want to try it out don’t waste your money on getting it for full price. Also if you like to shop at Urban Outfitters sign up for their mailing offers. They’ll email you about flash online sales or half off sale items.”

As fierce as this fashionista is, Isabella never really considered herself fashionable. “To be completely honest I just throw everything together and see what works. Experimentation is key. Sometimes it might feel a bit risky,, but when it works everything just falls right into place.” She says that her mother is the real reason that she became so inspired by clothing. “The way my mother would just piece little things together and would create a great outfit is something I really admired. And everything always and still does look amazing on her. I’d like to think I inherited some of her taste.” Besides her mom, some of her other fashion inspirations are Demi Lovato, Perrie from Little Mix and Betsy Johnson one of her favorite designers.

Isabella is a junior here at Kean and during here three years so far, her style has evolved. Previously she was preppy, but now she says her style is a more minimalist with an edgier approach. Some of her closet essentials include a pair of Doc Martens or Jeffery Campbell’s, American Apparel Disco pants, a good leather bag, a statement jacket and a button up. If you ever feel like you want to try something new take Isabella’s advice “Not every day can be a jeans and t-shirt day.” We hope to see you showing off some great pieces around campus Isabella!

I received my Associate's degree in Liberal Arts Journalism at Middlesex County College. I have a variety of Journalism experience. I was in charge of children's newsletter at a summer camp program. I worked on a news report at MCC about a program called "Give Kids a Smile" and this program provided free dental care to children. I am great at digital photography, interviewing, and networking. I also wrote for two school newspapers.The first was "Quo Vadis" for Middlesex County College. I am currently a second time writer for "The Tower" newspaper at Kean. I am currently the Vice President of Her Campus for the Fall semester 2013 and during the Spring I will be the President of Her Campus Kean magazine. This May 2014 I will be graduating with my Bachelor's degree in Communications/ Journalism.