How To Achieve The Perfect Red Lip

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kean chapter.

As a woman who has a strong love for make-up I can admit that some lipstick colors just doesn’t look right on certain woman including myself. However, with the exception of a nice red lip. A red lip is beautiful on all women. Once figuring out the correct red for your complexion you will be able to get that bold, define, sexy look.

Red lipstick doesn’t just come in one color. There are many colors available for different complexions and for the look you want to achieve. Red lipstick colors are available in 4 different tones.

• Warm skin tones

• Cooler skin tones

• Olive skin tones

• Medium skin tones

Once you pick the correct shade of red for your lip it is very important to also purchase a lip liner similar to, or the exact color of the red you will be using. Lip liners are significantly important because it gives your lipstick a long lasting effect. Lip liners and pencils do the exact same thing. They both enhance your red lipstick and provide a more neat/polished look. Using a lip liner will prevent the lipstick from bleeding and staining your upper lip. Also when using a lip liner you will lightly trace the perimeter of your lips with the liner.

Once you decide on the red shade you want, you will then move on to consider the texture you want of that particular red shade. You can pick from a matte or sheen. I personally prefer a matte because it gives more of a bold natural look as opposed to a shiny lip.

Finally, you are ready to proceed with gaining that perfect red lip. After applying the lip liner you want to trace over the liner with the lipstick. Be careful to make sure you don’t go over the liner because it will stain.

Red is a captivating color on women of all skin tones. If it is done correctly you will soon be able to conquer the world! 

Photo credit

www.walmart.com

Public Relations Major Kean University 21 Enjoy Writing, and Reading Love Fashion, Makeup, and Animals =D “It is never too late to be what you might have been.” ― George Eliot
I received my Associate's degree in Liberal Arts Journalism at Middlesex County College. I have a variety of Journalism experience. I was in charge of children's newsletter at a summer camp program. I worked on a news report at MCC about a program called "Give Kids a Smile" and this program provided free dental care to children. I am great at digital photography, interviewing, and networking. I also wrote for two school newspapers.The first was "Quo Vadis" for Middlesex County College. I am currently a second time writer for "The Tower" newspaper at Kean. I am currently the Vice President of Her Campus for the Fall semester 2013 and during the Spring I will be the President of Her Campus Kean magazine. This May 2014 I will be graduating with my Bachelor's degree in Communications/ Journalism.