Fun and Hip Ways to Jazz up Your Style

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kean chapter.

Each year there are always new fashion trends being publicized through magazines and entertainment television shows.

Some popular magazines like “Cosmopolitan”, “Elite”, “Teen Vogue” and “People” display the hottest trends that celebrities are wearing. These celebrities range from Kim Kardashian to Kristin Stewart,  Lauren Conrad to Emma Stone, Nina Debrov to Taylor Swift, and more!

In television you have shows that are all about fashion, such as “Gossip Girl”, “America’s Next Top Model”, “Project Runway” and “Single Ladies.” Women of all ages get their fashion tips from these celebrities and they want to look just like them. The problem with trying to buy the brands these celebrities sport is that they cost hundreds of dollars.

So ladies listen up, here are some amazing fashion tips that are for my artsy, classy, and comfortably dressy ladies. These trends are definitely affordable and easy to put together.

[pagebreak]

If you are a woman who is into artsy style clothing, try to wear colorful printed tops and pants.  There are many tops that have cool printed patterns on them. Animal prints are also a hot trend. Many shirts have cheetah, leopard, or zebra print. You can sport cropped cut shirts that would be perfect to complete your look. There are also printed cardigans, which are perfect for any occasion.

As for the pants category you can wear the regular denim blue jeans, which never go out of style. In many stores they also have color jeans and these come in yellows, turquoise, red, purple, green, and so on. Anything that has a funky flare go for it!

[pagebreak]

For women that follow the classy look go for blouses. Blouses today are in different colors and cuts. You have four categories of blouses. First category is the traditional pin stripe with long sleeves, which people can style with pin stripe pants that gives them a groovy classy look.

Second category is the short sleeve pocket blouses. These blouses can go with simple dress pants, slacks, or even skirts.

Third category you have the short sleeve with the ruffle blouses. Ruffles are wonderful because they are old fashioned and anyone can look stunning in it. This look goes perfectly with a flared cut skirt.

Fourth category you have the plain long sleeve colorful blouses. This can go with anything as well as the other blouses. Here is a secret: if you want to show off your curves tuck the blouse in your pants. It reveals your model frame.

[pagebreak]

For my comfortable dressy ladies go for the fun, semi-tight, but loose shirts. There are many tops that have beautiful designs and some that even hug your waist. Try to lean towards the colorful and lace tank tops as well. If you enjoy wearing sweat suit jackets, try wearing a  slim fitting long shirt that complements your hip area. This look is cute and fun. Also tank tops go perfect under jackets as well. A leather jacket is also a hot trend as well. You can dress these tops up with any bottom.

Ladies remember that style is about class, fun, and revealing your bright personality!

[pagebreak]

photo credits:

Nina Dobrev sporting a plain burgundy blouse and dressy black pants. Photo credit goes to Tvlistings.zap2it.com.
Woman wearing a leopard print shirt. Photo credit goes to dinodirect.com.
Woman wearing a fashionable dark gray business suit. Photo credit goes to latesta2zfashions.blogspot.com.
Photo of different color jeans. Photo credit goes to blog.lookmash.com.
A blue short sleeve ruffled blouse. Photo credit goes to instyle.com.

I received my Associate's degree in Liberal Arts Journalism at Middlesex County College. I have a variety of Journalism experience. I was in charge of children's newsletter at a summer camp program. I worked on a news report at MCC about a program called "Give Kids a Smile" and this program provided free dental care to children. I am great at digital photography, interviewing, and networking. I also wrote for two school newspapers.The first was "Quo Vadis" for Middlesex County College. I am currently a second time writer for "The Tower" newspaper at Kean. I am currently the Vice President of Her Campus for the Fall semester 2013 and during the Spring I will be the President of Her Campus Kean magazine. This May 2014 I will be graduating with my Bachelor's degree in Communications/ Journalism.