Fabbio Mazzieri: Extended and Folded

If you haven’t been in the CAS building lately you might want to take some time to check out the Karl and Helen Burger Gallery.  Since October 6th, the work of Italian artist Fabbio Mazzieri has brightened up the first floor of the CAS.  Mazzieri traveled from Siena, Italy just to set up the colorful exhibit.

Fabio Mazzieri: Extended and Folded
showcases large hand woven fabrics that are hung from the ceiling.  Each piece of cloth is painted with multiple shades of bold colors.  Mazzieri came across these fabrics years ago when he found an old chest belonging to his mother and grandmother.  The fabrics are over 100 years old and Mazzieri keeps every fold and crease intact.  The light shining through the windows of the galley provides for a beautiful stage for the colorful works.

If you weren’t lucky enough to make it to the opening reception to meet Mazzieri himself, you can still visit the Karl and Helen Burger Gallery to see the beautiful installation and learn more about the artist. The Mazzieri exhibit will continue until December 20
th and is open Monday through Friday 11:00am to 4:30pm.

Mazzieri shows are planned to hit the Modern Art Museum in San Gimignano and the Art Museum in Pienza. Don’t let this free opportunity to check out such a well known artist pass you by.  Take a look at Mazzieri’s blog and see how he’s putting Kean on the map too.  Not only does he have a video of students in the gallery, but an announcement of his Kean show is right at the top! 

Avani Kapur is a senior at Kean University studying Writing with a minor in Communication.  She is currently an intern at Kooba Bags in New York City.  She also contributes to the student newspaper at her school, The Tower. She loves to travel and just came back from a summer study abroad in gorgeous Florence.  Avani also loves shopping and has an obsession with cute heels, bags and leather jackets.  In her free time you can find her writing at Starbucks, cooking, or lounging on the couch with her adorable kitten, Fred, and her dog, Bella.  She is so excited to be part of the HerCampus team!