Enticing and fun books to read during Spring Break

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kean chapter.

Are you a person that loves reading books as a hobbie, just like I do? Are you a fan of drama, paranormal romance, suspense, comedy, or love reading old fashioned books like Shakespeare’s “Othello”?

Or are you someone that wants to get into reading, but don’t have time to do so because of your hectic semester, or are not sure which books to try out? Well Spring Break is coming up around the corner and it’s the best time to take time out for yourself and get back into your old or new reading habits!

Here is a list of some fun books that you can try to add to your reading list during Spring Break!

1. “True Blood” by Charlaine Harris

“True Blood” is a show on the HBO channel inspired from the book collection “True Blood” by Charlaine Harris. The first book in the “True Blood” collection is “Dead Until Dark” and in this book it summarizes the first episode of the television show. Sookie meets Bill at her job and she tries to work on building a relationship with him. Sookie and Bill face challenges on maintaining their relationship and there lives also get put in quite a bit of danger throughout this book.

It is a great book because it has not only drama, but romance, suspense, and comedy as well. If you like vampire books also, feel free to add this to your vampire collection!

2. “Pretty Little Liars” by Sara Shepard

“Pretty Little Liars” books by Sara Shepard is a perfect book to add to your must read list especially if you love books that have big twists, lots of drama, secret lives, comedy, and some intense detail. If you are new to the “Pretty Little Liars” franchise and have an urge to know about it, here you go.

“Pretty Little Liars” is about a girl named Alison Di Laurentis who had a group of friends named Aria, Spencer, Emily, and Hannah. The girls were close friends and shared a lot of fun moments together, even some scary ones, especially when one night Alison disappeared from a barn party.

Throughout the books in the series Aria, Spencer, Emily and Hannah try to find out exactly what happened to Alison that night of the barn party and little did they know someone was actually spying on them that night. The person spying on them was trying to hunt down Alison and let me guess you would like to know who right? I can’t tell you because you need to read the books and find out for yourself.

3. “The Nine Lives of Chloe King” by Liz Braswell

If you like to watch the ABC family channel then you probably remember seeing a show called “The Nine Lives of Chloe King”. Unfortunately the show was cancelled due to low television views, but don’t let that discourage you from checking out the book which is an awesome read!

“The Nine Lives of Chloe King” is about a girl name Chloe who lives with her adopted mother and while attending high school she of course has her fair amount of crushes on boys. Particularly a hot boy named Alek, who has an accent, which is a turn on for most girls! She also develops a crush on a boy named Brian who is a tad bit older then Chloe.

As the story goes on Chloe finds out that she is part of the Mai culture, in other words she is a cat and like all cats she has nine lives. Chloe also tries to decide if she should continue to have spontaneous hookups with the irrestible Alek, a Mai as well, or focus on developing a more stable relationship with Brian. Only problem is that Brian is not as nice and innocent as he appears to be. Brian is actually part of an organization called the Order which sole purpose is to get rid of all the Mai.

Did Chloe choose Alek or Brian is left to be determined. Check out the book to see what happens in Chloe’s crazy love triangle!

[pagebreak]

4. “Pride and Prejudice” by Jane Austen

“Pride and Prejudice” by Jane Austen is a perfectly written classic book about a young man named Mr.Darcy and young woman named Miss Elizabeth Bennett. In this book Elizabeth meets Darcy at a party and immediately thinks that he is a jerk due to his behavior with people in public. She thought that he was too full of himself and had no interest in hanging out with people less wealthy then he was.

She continues to develop strong feelings of disgust when he causes an issue with Elizabeth’s sister potential relationship with a young handsome man named Mr. Bingley. As the story continues, Elizabeth gets to know the truth about Mr. Darcy and falls deeply in love with him.

If you like romance books with some drama, comedy, and interesting old fashioned language, then check out “Pride and Prejudice.”

5. “Gossip Girl” by Cecily Von Ziegesar

Are you into finding out juicy gossip about beautiful model type men and women? Do you want to dive into the wealthy lives of some teens that live in the Upper East Side? If you your answer is yes to both of these questions, then check out “Gossip Girl” by Cecily Von Ziegesar.

“Gossip Girl” is a book that was turned into a huge CW 11 television show a few years ago, and three perfect words to summarize it are “sexy, “crazy”, and “dramatic”. “Gossip Girl” is a story about a group of teenagers Blair, Serena, Vanessa, Jenny, Chuck, Nate, and Dan and all the drama they face in high school. They deal with rumors being spread about themselves, or at times their parents, facing a large load of AP classes at their private schools, relationships, crazy parties, and fixing up old friendships.

Spring Break may seem quite short, but remember that is still a nice break from school and should be spent in a fun way. This is your time to unwind and have a nice relaxing time away from your studies!

Photo credit

en.wikipedia.org

scribble-scribble.com

pretty-little-liars.wikia.com

www.fanpop.com

ninelives.wikia.com

I received my Associate's degree in Liberal Arts Journalism at Middlesex County College. I have a variety of Journalism experience. I was in charge of children's newsletter at a summer camp program. I worked on a news report at MCC about a program called "Give Kids a Smile" and this program provided free dental care to children. I am great at digital photography, interviewing, and networking. I also wrote for two school newspapers.The first was "Quo Vadis" for Middlesex County College. I am currently a second time writer for "The Tower" newspaper at Kean. I am currently the Vice President of Her Campus for the Fall semester 2013 and during the Spring I will be the President of Her Campus Kean magazine. This May 2014 I will be graduating with my Bachelor's degree in Communications/ Journalism.