nastuh abootalebi yWwob8kwOCk unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
nastuh abootalebi yWwob8kwOCk unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Creative and Romantic Date Ideas for Couples with Hectic Schedules

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kean chapter.

Being in a relationship with someone you deeply care about is a fantastic experience! Throughout the relationship each partner tries to think of interesting and entertaining date activities that will increase the chemistry they have with one another.

On top of increasing the chemistry through dates, each partner gets an opportunity to learn one another’s interests and favorite hobbies. Dates that usually bring out individual personalities are going out to the movies or doing outdoor activities, such as bike riding, swimming or going to a music festival. Couples also go on dates so they can catch up on current events in their lives, which typically includes dinner dates.

This beginning phase in dating is exciting and adventurous, but it usually slips away when each partner begins to have extremely jam packed schedules. Once the school semester starts the workload begins to pile up. It does not matter if you are a full-time or part-time student. Classes are not the only time-limiting thing, but work schedules tend to increase during the fall season, too!

While trying to juggle schoolwork plus job responsibilities, the free time you once had to spend with your partner begins to drastically decrease. Whenever you do see your significant other, all you can usually focus on is your next assignment or shift. 

Well how about if I give you ladies and gentlemen five tips on how to rekindle your romantic date time?

Tip 1: Cooking Meals Together 

When you see your partner, try to suggest cooking a meal from the confines of your own kitchen.  This is a wonderful experience because it stirs up much needed conversations and increases your team working skills as well.

The other benefit to this idea is you can learn about your partner’s cooking skills. It’s a great thing to know if you eventually plan on living together, or even for an upcoming trip shared during winter or spring break. Plus, having control over the ingredients that go into a meal makes for a healthier eating experience.

[pagebreak]

Tip 2: Impromptu Dancing

If you enjoy dancing and find comfort in holding your partner for a long time, ask him or her for dance or two. Turn on your stereo, listen to a song from YouTube, or play one of your favorite records. Then dance around in a space that you find is quiet and intimate, like your room or living room. This can be a lot of fun and very sweet.

Tip 3: Share a Glass or Two 

Do you like to create things with your partner and find pleasure in having a drink once in blue moon? Why not share one?

A traditional drink that people tend to collect are bottles of wine, or sometimes even champagne. Find one of your favorite drinks at home, pop the cork, pour a glass or two if you like, toss in some fruit, and sit down together to catch up.

An important thing to remember is that it is best to drink if you will not be driving for hours! After eating a full meal, plus resting, or doing any sitting down activity for a couple of hours, you tend to sober up. The last thing you need is an accident and this is the best way to avoid it.

[pagebreak]

Tip 4: Watch Some of Your Favorites

Try and have some television time with your partner. If you have an hour that you can spare for a night, watch one of your top  shows together. There is no problem with treating yourself to a little fun with one of your favorite hobbies.

For example, my boyfriend and I used to watch one of his top, old shows “Seinfeld.” When I was younger, I never actually watched the series, but he got me into it. I had a great time watching the funny episodes and to this day, I continue to see it every night on the TBS channel around 6:30 p.m.

Tip 5: Bust Out Some Games

Want to have some fun? Play a board game together.

There are hundreds of board games out there and most likely your partner has a couple of them. If you find a cool game in his or her collection, play a round or two. This is beneficial, not only for your relationship, but for yourself, too, because it can relieve your stress in a major way and can bring out your cute competitive side!

So for all of you men and women out there that are in a relationship, or even still in the casual dating stage, don’t think that dates are impossible to have just because you are busy. A creative mind is special and when it is put into use, anything spectacular can happen!

[pagebreak]

Picture Sources:

Photo 1: Healthy pasta and shrimp dish. Photo credit goes to italian.food.com

Photo 2: Music notes. Photo credit goes to sweetclipart.com

Photo 3: Glasses of champagne. Photo credit goes to eventful.com.

Photo 4: “Seinfeld” cast member poster. Photo credit goes to www.allposters.com

Photo 5: Classic board game Monopoly. Photo credit goes to boardgames.about.com.

I received my Associate's degree in Liberal Arts Journalism at Middlesex County College. I have a variety of Journalism experience. I was in charge of children's newsletter at a summer camp program. I worked on a news report at MCC about a program called "Give Kids a Smile" and this program provided free dental care to children. I am great at digital photography, interviewing, and networking. I also wrote for two school newspapers.The first was "Quo Vadis" for Middlesex County College. I am currently a second time writer for "The Tower" newspaper at Kean. I am currently the Vice President of Her Campus for the Fall semester 2013 and during the Spring I will be the President of Her Campus Kean magazine. This May 2014 I will be graduating with my Bachelor's degree in Communications/ Journalism.