Campus Celebrity: Kasey Walker

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kean chapter.

Kasey Walker is a sophomore here at Kean who has taken great initiative to make a difference here at Kean University. As Treasurer for the Human Rights Club, Kasey strives to make big changes here on campus. Ever since she was little she knew she wanted to help people, but wasn’t sure how.

“Finding the Human Rights Club and the Human Rights Institute at Kean has had a huge change on my life. So many people think you can’t be involved with making a difference if you aren’t hands on.” Kasey says as long as your heart is in the right place you can make a difference not only in your community, but the world. “I’d like to believe that all change regardless of size can make a large impact.”

So far in Kasey’s two Years at Kean she has been involved with various events on campus such as Operation Christmas Child, Relay for Life, and Build a Bike, Along with several trips to the Hillside Food Bank. Off campus she donates blood, helps the Association Merck for Mothers, which raises awareness about maternal and infant mortality, POAC (Parents of Autistic Children),and helped the Red Cross for Hurricane Sandy relief. She’s truly a maverick and inspiration at only 20 years old.

On March 21, 2014 Kasey Walker received an award at the Human Rights Conference held here at Kean. We congratulate her on her extraordinary work, and look forward to even more changes from her in the years to come. 

I received my Associate's degree in Liberal Arts Journalism at Middlesex County College. I have a variety of Journalism experience. I was in charge of children's newsletter at a summer camp program. I worked on a news report at MCC about a program called "Give Kids a Smile" and this program provided free dental care to children. I am great at digital photography, interviewing, and networking. I also wrote for two school newspapers.The first was "Quo Vadis" for Middlesex County College. I am currently a second time writer for "The Tower" newspaper at Kean. I am currently the Vice President of Her Campus for the Fall semester 2013 and during the Spring I will be the President of Her Campus Kean magazine. This May 2014 I will be graduating with my Bachelor's degree in Communications/ Journalism.