absolutvision Z20wtGu1OH4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
absolutvision Z20wtGu1OH4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

The best comfort foods and drinks to help you stay energized for finals

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kean chapter.

If you are a student who hates taking tests, then you are not the only one. Many students dread taking exams, especially in college because they have to cram so much information in their heads in short amount of time.

Here are some comfort foods and drinks to help you stay energized during finals!

Food

1. Scrambled eggs

Eggs are very heathly and have a great amount of protein. They are also great with a side of turkey sausage, some bacon, or on a sandwich.

2. Fruit salad

Fruit may not seem like a full meal to you, but it is essential in a daily diet. It will also keep you full and feeling refreshed during your exams.

3. Bagels

A traditional food that people tend to grab while on the go is a fresh bagel. Bagels come in a variety of different bread types like wheat, seseame seed, poppy seed, and etc. You can get any topping you desire on it and just like fruit, it will keep you going all day.

Drinks

1. Coffee

Coffee is not the most healthy drink to have, but it does keep you awake for at least five to six hours. It is the ideal drink to have when you are taking your tests.

2. Water

Water is an essential drink to have in your body on a daily basis. It is also important to bring this during your exam so you don’t become dehyrdriated.

3. Smoothie

Don’t have time to eat a whole fruit salad, then grab yourself a delicious smoothie. Smoothies are great because they combine fruit and other natural products to prevent you from becoming hungry.

Hope these tips help you stay up beat and fully prepared for your finals!  

Photo credit

www.food.com

www.sweetnlow.com

www.thefreshloaf.com

www.sodahead.com

www.amazon.com

www.freecoconutrecipes.com

I received my Associate's degree in Liberal Arts Journalism at Middlesex County College. I have a variety of Journalism experience. I was in charge of children's newsletter at a summer camp program. I worked on a news report at MCC about a program called "Give Kids a Smile" and this program provided free dental care to children. I am great at digital photography, interviewing, and networking. I also wrote for two school newspapers.The first was "Quo Vadis" for Middlesex County College. I am currently a second time writer for "The Tower" newspaper at Kean. I am currently the Vice President of Her Campus for the Fall semester 2013 and during the Spring I will be the President of Her Campus Kean magazine. This May 2014 I will be graduating with my Bachelor's degree in Communications/ Journalism.