5 Tips for All the Single Ladies Celebrating Valentine’s Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kean chapter.
  1. Anti-Valentine’s Day Party

Take a note for a movie named after the holiday, “Valentine’s Day”, featuring Ashton Kutcher, Jennifer Garner and a few others. Let’s face it not everyone loves Valentine’s Day. Instead of going out with some guy you’re really not into and celebrating with roses and champagne it’s okay to revel in your angst for romance. Why not gather a group of your single friends drink some wine and whack a giant heart-shaped piñata. Or at least invite your single friends to your house to listen to music and practice the choreography to “Single Ladies (Put a Ring On It)”.

2. Cook Yourself a Romantic Meal

Dinner for two? No. It’s perfectly acceptable to have a candle light dinner by yourself. Cook your favorite meal and get dressed up (or not). The best part about being single on V-Day is you don’t have to worry about impressing anyone. No need to change your outfit 10 times looking for the perfect dress. There’s no one there to judge you so if you want to have a BBQ dinner and get sauce all over your face then, Bon Appetite!

3. Treat Your Self to a Spa Day

Valentine’s Day gifts for your significant other can be expensive. But since you don’t have to spend money on your boo, you have enough money to splurge on whatever you want. Check websites like Groupon for great deals on spa packages or other R&R specials. At times having a boyfriend can be stressful, but if you’re single there’s no need to worry about couples quarrels or disagreements. “You may have 99 problems but a guy ain’t one” Enjoy a relaxing massage, facial, or manicure and pedicure and let go all of your worries.

4. Get the Courage to Ask Your Crush on a Date

Maybe you have a crush on a cute guy you’ve seen around campus, but you’re too shy to say anything. V-Day is the perfect time to be bold and ask him out. After all we’re not in the 1950’s anymore. Become the type of girl that takes charge and goes after what she wants. Just do a little relationship recon to make sure he’s not taken. Then if he’s single why not go for it?

5. Romantic Comedy Marathon

One thing about having a boyfriend is that they complain they don’t want to watch “girly movies.” Being single means you get to watch as much “Dear John,” “Cinderella Story” and “27 Dresses” as you want and don’t have to hear “it’s boring.”  

There are plenty things single girls can do to celebrate Valentine’s Day. Not having a boyfriend shouldn’t stop you from having a good time. V-Day is only once a year after February 15 everything will go back to normal. 

[pagebreak]

www.resourcefulus.com

fanpop.com

I received my Associate's degree in Liberal Arts Journalism at Middlesex County College. I have a variety of Journalism experience. I was in charge of children's newsletter at a summer camp program. I worked on a news report at MCC about a program called "Give Kids a Smile" and this program provided free dental care to children. I am great at digital photography, interviewing, and networking. I also wrote for two school newspapers.The first was "Quo Vadis" for Middlesex County College. I am currently a second time writer for "The Tower" newspaper at Kean. I am currently the Vice President of Her Campus for the Fall semester 2013 and during the Spring I will be the President of Her Campus Kean magazine. This May 2014 I will be graduating with my Bachelor's degree in Communications/ Journalism.