diego ph fIq0tET6llw unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
diego ph fIq0tET6llw unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

5 Reasons Why She Gets the Guy and You Don’t

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kean chapter.

Take a lesson from these simple tips and envy no more that girl who gets the guy because she’ll be you!

1. She Makes Eye Contact, You Look Down or Away

A little eye contact can go a long way. It says, “I’m interested; don’t be afraid to come over”. But, don’t get me wrong, a long pulsating gaze is not necessary. However, a few seconds to lock eyes will do just fine. But, if you’re too nervous, a tip from Christie Griffin of Cosmopolitan Magazine is to focus on the area between his eyes or I say just pull it off quick like a Band-Aid and go for the true eyelock. It could be so worth it!

2. She Smiles, You Look like a Mean Girls Character

There is a fine line between a sexy serious face and an angry, stay far away face, so please put away the pout and put on a smile because your facial expression may be telling him he’s lost before he can even try. According Cosmopolitan Magazine, without a genuine smile you may look completely unapproachable.

3. She Knows Her Best Qualities, You Don’t Know Yourself

If you’re overly insecure it could be a huge downer. Usually, the girl who knows who she is and how to work with what she has, is the girl who is the easiest to talk to and be around.

4. She is Miss Personality, You are Misunderstood

Have you ever noticed that the girl in the room who is getting the most attention is not necessarily the most beautiful girl in the room? A fun girl with personality is more noticeable than a mere pretty face that appears to have not much else to offer. So, let your personality shine.

5. She is Confident, You are Overly Shy

Once he finally comes over to talk to you, you can’t be too shy. Even if you’re nervous, you’re just going to have to fake it until you make it. He came over for a reason, so relax and strike up a convo. In the end, he’ll be asking for your number. 

Source credit

Griffin, C. (2014) How to be a Total Man-magnetA girl who got paid to help guys

meet women shares her insights into what motivates men to make a move. Cosmopolitan.

Retrieved from http://www.cosmopolitan.com/sex-love/dating-advice/How-to-

Be-a-Total-Man-Magnet-2

Photo credit

http://www.fanpop.com/clubs/glee/images/9019674/title/quinns-jealousy-photo

Brianna is a junior communication studies major at Kean University. Her interests include style, interior design and home decor, human resources, and public relations. When Brianna is not writing for Her Campus you can find her being obsessed with Netflix and exploring new creative pursuits.
I received my Associate's degree in Liberal Arts Journalism at Middlesex County College. I have a variety of Journalism experience. I was in charge of children's newsletter at a summer camp program. I worked on a news report at MCC about a program called "Give Kids a Smile" and this program provided free dental care to children. I am great at digital photography, interviewing, and networking. I also wrote for two school newspapers.The first was "Quo Vadis" for Middlesex County College. I am currently a second time writer for "The Tower" newspaper at Kean. I am currently the Vice President of Her Campus for the Fall semester 2013 and during the Spring I will be the President of Her Campus Kean magazine. This May 2014 I will be graduating with my Bachelor's degree in Communications/ Journalism.