This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at KCL chapter.

Sex Education

Despite the initial hesitancy at the title but also a quiet intrigue about what exactly this show would entail, Sex Education has become one of my comfort shows, something I didn’t expect myself to say. A show, which I initially assumed would be just about sex, surprised me immensely when it took other relevant topics and portrayed them with such care and attention and in fact educated me in many ways too. There is a certain atmosphere that the show has which is enhanced by each character’s story where you feel so connected to each and everyone of them. There is also something calming and nostalgic about the whole setting and environment the writers have created which makes this show feel so homely and cosy, kind of like you’re watching the GBBO! The overall mood of the show and the character’s journey’s makes this one show I always gravitate to whenever I need to forget reality.

96

96 is a Tamil-language film about a reunion between classmates from the ‘Class of 96’, which slowly weaves a nostalgic trip into two people’s lives. This film is special because it makes me wonder what my life would’ve been like, had I stayed in India and completed my schooling there. It is such a throwback for me, especially when the male protagonist goes back to his school. This movie is so devastingly moving because it is a great reminder to just do it and not regret later.

Anne with an E

I’d only recently found out about Anne with an E and initially I wasn’t a fan – mainly because I disliked Anne so much. But a couple of episodes in, I realised this show is so important and felt grateful that something like this is available for me to watch and learn from. The chemistry between Anne, Marilla, and Matthew was the best aspect of the whole show. There was something so comforting just watching them interact as a family that it really reiterated that that’s all you really need in life, a good group of people around you.

I'm a second year student studying Economics and Management and spend most of my time watching Youtube, films, reading books and writing about how I'm coping with life as a college student.