The Best Discussion Starting Questions

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at KCL chapter.

I have made a list of questions for you to ask friends, partners, family or strangers to start a conversation. I love this list as it can really get you to learn more about the person and quite possibly, youself.

• Do you agree with “if he wanted to, he would”?
  • If you communicate with someone exactly what you need and they don’t do it, are they actively hurting you?
  • Is there such a thing as true love/ a soulmate?
  • What does your dream life look like?
  • What’s one thing you’d be doing right now if there was no fear of being judged?
  • When do you feel closest to me?
  • What’s one thing you don’t think I understand about you?
  • What qualities do you look for in a partner/ friend?
  • Do you believe in love at first sight?
  • Would you rather have to marry your first sexual partner OR do your first job for forever?
  • When you were a child what seemed to be the best thing about being grown up?
  • If you could have a house, mansion and flat anywhere in the UK- where would they be?
  • If there was an Olympics for everyday tasks, what would you win gold in?
  • If you opened a business, what would it be?
  • Would you rather want to know everyone who used to have a crush on you or a list of people who have a crush on you now?
  • Have you succumbed to anything and regretted it?
  • Is there anything you’re lacking in life right now?
  • What passion do you wish you nurtured more?
  • Put in order of easiest to give up to hardest: caffeine, exercise, alcohol, masturbating, sex, music, Instagram, alcohol, weed, added sugar, red meat, 8 hours of sleep, Netflix and video games.
  • Would you rather relive your worst heartbreak or erase that person from your life?
  • Would you rather a deep love that ends in heartbreak or a safe love that ends well?
Carys Grieve is a writer at HerCampus in the heart of London at Kings College London (KCL). She expresses all silly opinions on all things style: fashion, trends, London gems and beauty secrets. Carys is completing her final year at KCL studying neuroscience (its as gross as it sounds). After graduating, Carys intends to continue her studies by completing a master’s in clinical neuroscience to get her one step closer to going into dementia research. (After travelling the world) Carys spends all her time reading and eating. She will NOT shut up about a good book and she will spend all her money on cinnamon buns (she’s trying to find the best one in London) She likes flexing that she surfed at Bondi beach and that she touched Jason Derulo.