This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at KCL chapter.

I sit surrounded by the daffodils and crocuses, vibrant against the green background. I feel the subtle warmth of the sun on my face, like it’s trying its hardest to make itself known. The light is shimmering off the water, where birds are dancing happily. The blossoming trees are adding colour to this once wintery world, I almost can’t imagine this place with a snow covering now. People walking around me, their laugher brighter, smiles bigger – spring must be here.

It finally seems like we are seeing some signs of spring in London – crocuses are blossoming and daffodils are growing just in time for St David’s day! With the change in seasons comes a change in fashion. This transitionary period can be difficult when the temperature is constantly changing, and you don’t know if it will rain in the afternoon of a cloudless morning. Perhaps delving into trends which I think will be all the rage may inspire you to jump headfirst into this spring!

After a winter of cosy and comfort, I think spring is going to bust out with colour and sleek style. Here are some trends I think you may want to jump on board with:

1. I think the ‘preppy’ style will come into its own this season. I’m envisioning loafers, small skirts, and knits – this is a great transitional outfit too. Spring is the time for new beginnings, so, perhaps the preppy style will inspire you to work that bit harder.
  2. I think deep, rich colours will be ‘in’ this season. Pinks which are almost moody in tone. Or rich royal blues and intense greens. Winter was quite a monotone season (with the exception of accents of red), so I think it’s time to welcome colour into our wardrobe as well as in the garden.
  3. Miniskirts were very present in spring fashion shows this year and I think the population will follow suit. The great thing about a miniskirt is you can style it up or down: an oversized jumper and trainers for an easy casual look, or a little top and heels to style it up more. The diversity of a miniskirt is a beautiful thing!
  4. This winter had a lot of basics, and I don’t think I am ready for them to go anywhere. However, I think this spring may introduce bolder basics: instead of a plain white top, maybe something with more texture. I think playing with a variety of textures can really elevate a look – even if it’s a ‘basic’ one.
  5. Blue is going to be in this season – all tones of blue. I think because of this, blue denim will be in, for example, we will see a lot of rich blue double denim outfits. This is a sleek outfit which looks glorious but can also be comfortable and affordable.
  6. As mentioned, the unpredictable weather in England over spring makes layers vital. I think because of this, people will be more experimental with layering. Maybe we will see more skirts over jeans, or maxi mesh skirts over short miniskirts. I think people will ditch the ordinary to try more experimental styles with layering.
  7. Trousers can be a woman’s best friend. I think different shaped trousers will come in more this season: wide, cigarette, straight leg. Not jeans, trousers. They’re comfy and versatile. They can be light weight for warmer days or can be worn with a cosy jumper for the colder days.
  8. I think carrying on from winter, flat shoes will be in. Shoes which are more experimental than trainers. For example, ballet flats and loafers. Perhaps we will see more split toe shoes…

So, there was my list of the trends I think we will be seeing a lot of this spring. Spring is the time of new beginnings so why don’t you start afresh by being experimental and push yourself out of your boundaries by wearing things you usually never would.

Carys Grieve is a writer at HerCampus in the heart of London at Kings College London (KCL). She expresses all silly opinions on all things style: fashion, trends, London gems and beauty secrets. Carys is completing her final year at KCL studying neuroscience (its as gross as it sounds). After graduating, Carys intends to continue her studies by completing a master’s in clinical neuroscience to get her one step closer to going into dementia research. (After travelling the world) Carys spends all her time reading and eating. She will NOT shut up about a good book and she will spend all her money on cinnamon buns (she’s trying to find the best one in London) She likes flexing that she surfed at Bondi beach and that she touched Jason Derulo.