This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at KCL chapter.

This amazing experience offers a unique way to immerse yourself in your favourite show tunes, from Les Mis to Frozen, My Fair Lady to West Side Story; the Icon String Quartet play all the feel-good musical songs. This performance takes place in the heart of Covent Garden, in St Paul’s Church (also known as Actor’s church).

I found this overall experience so much fun. I did my hair, put makeup on, and wore a cute outfit. This alone made me feel like a strong, fabulous woman. I got the bus to Covent Garden which is filled with Christmas joy. The big Christmas tree is impressive and the decoration inside is stunning. I then arrived at the venue for the performance, you can get a variety of tickets depending on your spending limit. I am a student so, of course, I got the cheapest one. The ticket was £25 for an ‘onstage seat’ meaning I was on the quartets’ side rather than watching them face-on. I went for the music though, so this didn’t bother me. The atmosphere in the church was relaxed and peaceful because of the hundreds of candles surrounding the musicians which lit up the church.

I adored the Icon String Quartet’s song selection. They played some of my favourites; ‘I could have danced all night’ from My Fair Lady, a Mamma Mia mash-up and so much more. The musicians were pitch-perfect and wonderful to watch live. The performance lasted for about an hour with no intervals. I could have stayed for hours listening to them perform. The only downfall for me was their finale song. It was a Frozen mash-up. Don’t get me wrong, I like Frozen as much as the next person and I loved the mash-up they performed. However, after spending an hour listening to some classic musical songs which have changed the world with their impact, I wish it ended with something more classical. However, that’s a personal preference. This really is my one complaint and definitely is not a big issue; the night was fabulous.

I would highly recommend going to see one of the candlelit shows. It was a beautiful experience, listening to some of my favourite songs performed right in front of me with candles lighting up the whole room. I really can’t recommend this enough!

There are more showings of ‘Musicals by Candlelight’ coming up. You can buy tickets on TodayTix for the best prices. There is also ‘Christmas By Candlelight’ on the horizon which I imagine would be magical and extremely festive.

Carys Grieve is a writer at HerCampus in the heart of London at Kings College London (KCL). She expresses all silly opinions on all things style: fashion, trends, London gems and beauty secrets. Carys is completing her final year at KCL studying neuroscience (its as gross as it sounds). After graduating, Carys intends to continue her studies by completing a master’s in clinical neuroscience to get her one step closer to going into dementia research. (After travelling the world) Carys spends all her time reading and eating. She will NOT shut up about a good book and she will spend all her money on cinnamon buns (she’s trying to find the best one in London) She likes flexing that she surfed at Bondi beach and that she touched Jason Derulo.