Style > Decor

Dorm Decorations That TikTok Made Me Buy

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at KCL chapter.

When you live in a shoebox in London, it can be hard to make the space your own, but these TikTok decorations have helped me to make my room a bit homier.

Galaxy Projector Light

Even though it’s not very big, this light will easily cover the ceiling of any standard dorm room. It comes with a remote so you can change the colours or turn it off without ever leaving the comfort of your bed. Plus, it has a built-in speaker. It makes for great decor and doubles as a disco light for parties…

Salt Lamp

This mini salt lamp fits perfectly on my bedside table and doesn’t break the bank. It gives the room a little more life and helps it look like someone actually lives there…

Ivy Garland 

This Ivy garland is for those of us who want to make the inside of our room look slightly like a forest (maybe since we don’t get out enough). Either way, it adds a nice pop of green to any room and unlike a real plant you don’t have to take care of it.

Desk Organiser

I saw this linked in a TikTok video and had to buy it. I’m usually not a huge fan of desk organisers, especially the clunky metal ones, but I get good use out of this. An added bonus is it blends right into the back of my white desk.

Chia Pet

Even though I hadn’t seen one of these since I was about 11, I knew I needed it, not only as a decoration but as a fun project.

Sadly I broke it in half before I could even try it. Someone, please buy this just to tell me how it is???

Mushroom Pillow

This Urban Outfitters pillow is so aesthetic if you can look past it being slightly pricey. I am the biggest fan of their home decor line, from vases to throws, I’ll buy it all

Painted pottery

Now, this last one isn’t exactly “shoppable” but it’s a fun activity with friends that turns into a great decoration. What better way to find a vase that matches your aesthetic than to paint it yourself? If you’re in London, Social Pottery in Kentish town is a great lazy day activity, and even better, it’s BYOB.

Grace Honan is the treasurer of the Her Campus chapter at King's College London. She oversees the budget for the group, and helps with recruiting and onboarding new writers and editors. This year she is focused on expanding the community of Her Campus and creating a safe space for its members. She enjoys writing articles centred around wellness, technology, and uni life. Grace is in her second year of undergraduate study at King's College London in the liberal arts program; her major is Politics and she is pursuing a minor in media. While this is only her second year writing for Her Campus, she has been writing for years, getting her start at her High School newspaper. When she is not writing she enjoys watching true crime documentaries and listening to sad songs. She has two cats, but if she had it her way she would have a snake too.