Café’s to Explore in London

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at KCL chapter.

London surely does not impress everyone with its weather at times- with its grey, cloudy and rainy look 24/7. 

But one thing is for certain, it can definitely impress all the food, coffee and hot-chocolate lovers around! 

There are so many quirky, Instagram worthy aesthetic café’s hidden in different corners of London, serving delicious desserts, drinks and savoury foods! 

These are just a few which I personally really loved 

SAID Dal 1923

Location – 29 Rathbone Place, London W1T 1JG

41 Broadswick Street, London W1F 9QL

Believe it or not, this café situated in Soho and Fitzrovia serves one of the best hot chocolates ever! Their hot chocolate is so thick, rich and creamy-it is probably every chocolate lovers dream. They also serve really nice desserts like Chocolate Brownie, Strawberries dipped in Melted Chocolate and cookies. 

If you are a chocolate lover- this is the place for you! 

Farm Girl Café

Location – 59a Portobello Road, Notting Hill, London, W11 3DB

9 Park Walk Chelsea, London, SW10 0AJ

109-125 Knightsbridge, 4th floor of Harvey Nichols, London, SW1X 7RJ

1 Carnaby Street, Soho, W1F 9QG

Situated in Carnaby Street, Chelsea, Knightsbridge and Notting hill, this Melbourne born café serves healthy but delicious food. The décor in this café is extremely aesthetic and quirky, giving of a really good vibe. The artisan coffee’s and colourful lattes are not only beautiful to look at, but they also taste amazing. Few of my favourite dishes in this café are the Gluten Free Buttermilk Pancakes and the Chicken Sandwich!

It’s a great place to go and study as well, the atmosphere is really cool and calm, making it a good place to study or even read books. 

Crumbs and Doilies 

Location- 1 Kingly Court, Carnaby Street, Soho, London W1B 5PW

This was the first place I went to after moving to London. I was a fan of ‘Cupcake Jemma’ who is the owner of this bakery and after watching most of her videos, I had to go and try it out for myself. It is a little bakery hidden in the alleys of Kingly Court. You get every flavour cupcake possible- from Biscoff cupcakes, Unicorn Cupcakes, Neapolitan Cupcakes, Cookie Dough Cupcakes and the list goes on. Apart from cupcakes, they also have other sweet treats! It is a sweet lover’s dream. 

Feya 

Location – 23 James Street, Marylebone, London W1U 1DT

A pastel coloured café in Marylebone (right down bond street station) is a must go! It has the prettiest décor, with its famous white cherry blossom tree and pastel pink chairs. It has a small seating which makes it extremely cosy on a cold winter’s day in London. Th café is located at the heart of London. It serves variety of foods, from brunch items to pastries, sandwiches and lots of heavenly looking desserts! I would recommend grabbing a cup of hot chocolate, one of those pastries at the counter and just sit and relax whilst watching the world go by! 

Jacob the Angel 

Location – 16 A Neal’s Yard, London WC2H 9DP

It is a small, quaint English coffee house hidden in the colourful alleys of Neals Yard. It is extremely popular and almost always full! It has an amazing selection of fresh food from sourdough toasties, cakes, cookies, tarts, brownies and I could go on. It definitely also has great coffee for the coffee lovers! 

Oree’s 

Location – 44 Wellington Street, London, WC2B 5JD 

275-277 Fulham Road, Chelsea, London, SW109PZ

147 Kensington High Street, London, W8 6SU

This is a cute, light blue coloured café located in Covent Garden, Fulham Road and Kensington High Street. I discovered the one in Covent Garden on a random walk and since then I love it. What caught my eye was the carrot cake!! It tasted and looked divinely. The best part is that it even has outside seating, so if for once the weather is good- you can sit outside, sip on your coffee or hot chocolate and make the most of your day! It is definitely a must go to café!! 

These are just a few café’s around London which I like but there are plenty more! 

Now that you know a few, enjoy exploring these and many more!! 

Content Writer for Her Campus KCL! Interested in all things related to Politics, Sustainability and Food. Hoping to do my bit in bringing positivity into this world someday!
President of Her Campus KCL!