This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at KCL chapter.

I think it’s safe to say that binge-watching TV shows was one of the things that got us through most of 2020, whether it was rewatching the classic TV shows like Gossip Girl or starting new TV shows with friends and family. Whilst the new semester has started and work is building up slowly, we’re still in lockdown, and what better way to spend a Friday night than by starting a new TV series?!

Here are 5 TV shows to binge-watch to keep you entertained during the lockdown in this new year:

1. The Undoing 

If you like a good thriller that would keep you on the edge of your seat, look no further. The Undoing is an amazing psychological thriller that is based on Jean Hanff Korelitz’ 2014 novel – You Should Have Known. If the star cast of Hugh Grant and Nicole Kidman doesn’t already catch your eye, the story revolves around a murder that unveils dark secrets. The story is full of twists and turns that make sure you remain hooked onto the show till the very end!

2. Bridgerton

This newly released show on Netflix is a period drama series that is based on Julia Quinn’s book series Bridgerton. As the name suggests, the series centres around the close-knit Bridgerton family whose daughters are looking for love in the wealthy high societies of London. The series is full of witty comments, drama and romance and is sure to keep you entertained throughout its eight episodes!

3. The Queen’s Gambit 

This is one of the most popular series on Netflix currently. It is about the life of a young orphan girl who mastered the game of chess at a young age and aims to become one of the greatest chess players of all time. This limited scripted series is all about the young girl and her ambitions in chess, as well as the struggle she faces along the way. The series teaches viewers a thing or two about staying true to yourself and focussing on what is important!

4. Cobra Kai

We’ve all watched Karate Kid when we were younger and this series is a spin-off of the movie. It is an American comedy-drama that continues the storyline 30 years after the events of the film and is sure to bring all the nostalgia back!

5. Virgin River 

If you haven’t already watched the Virgin River, this is the perfect time to start this series. The show has two seasons and the third season is meant to be coming out later this year. The show is a romantic drama set in a small town in California called Virgin River. It is about a nurse/midwife named Mel who moves from a big city to this small town to escape from her past. The show revolves around her journey in Virgin River and how this quaint town slowly starts becoming her new home.

This article was written on the 24th of January. 

Content Writer for Her Campus KCL! Interested in all things related to Politics, Sustainability and Food. Hoping to do my bit in bringing positivity into this world someday!
hahsghqs