rodion kutsaev 8P uQaTd8rw unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
rodion kutsaev 8P uQaTd8rw unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Wellness > Mental Health

3 ways to remain calm over Christmas (while revising for exams)

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at KCL chapter.

With immediate exams post-Christmas and New Year’s, it is essential to get started early so you can later on enjoy the holidays with family and friends. Here are few tips to get you started:

1. Travel time: use it wisely

As an international student, having 8-10 hours of travel time can be either: a binge- watching session or a productive work session. Choosing the latter option may not be the preferred one but is definitely rewarding. You can make a study plan (a realistic one). Or maybe make some flash cards. Or maybe make notes on a lecture you skipped. Basically anything that gets you sailing. Use this opportunity to get something done which might just save you an all-nighter.

2. Plan. Plan. Plan.

Strategic plan is the key to success – especially since it is such a short break. Map out when you have coursework due or an exam attempt or likewise. Accordingly, consider working backwards to ensure that you can realistically meet the deadlines. Having it all laid out will help relax knowing that you are on track as you start revising or working on assignments.

3. Free-days

Allocate holidays, for instance, keep 25th December free so you can enjoy the day! Having a day to recharge once a week can help make the study sessions efficient and also help sustain the motivation.

Happy Holidays! xx

A 3rd year Biomedic Student at King’s College London, an animal lover and a spiritual seeker. When I’m not working on lab reports and dissertations, I enjoy practicing typography, dancing, and binge watching friends.
President of Her Campus KCL!