This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at KCL chapter.

Ragnarok

Ragnarok (not the Marvel one) or ‘The end of the world’ is a Norwegian teen series that explores the Nordic tale ‘Ragnarok’, which is essentially a battle between Gods and giants, signifying the end of the world. It takes the Nordic legend and brings it to present life with such ease, using the myth as a metaphor for the battle humanity is currently facing in trying to protect the environment. I wasn’t sure what to expect since my knowledge of Norwegian shows started and ended with SKAM, which was apparently a great insight since half the cast seemed to have transferred to this show, which made me less apprehensive. However, I had nothing to be wary about because this was such a beautiful show to watch, literally because the scenery and landscapes of Odda, Norway are so mind-blowing, you sometimes forget to listen to the dialogue. The series and characters were so easy to get invested in, as well. If you’re looking for something out-of-the-box to watch, then I highly recommend this show—even if it is just for the landscapes.

Little Things

Little things is an Indian series about a couple, Dhruv and Kavya, who are in a live-in relationship and the show takes us on a journey of them as, both, a couple and as individuals. This show was honestly such a breath of fresh air, I had originally seen Season 1 when it was released on YouTube, before it was transferred to Netflix, and the magic and charm of the show remained. It was so refreshing seeing an Indian couple, portrayed as normal people, trying to figure out life, whilst facing hardships along the way, whether that was in the form of societal expectations, their own self-doubts, distance etc. and it was the first time I’d seen a live-in relationship between an Indian couple, presented so naturally. This show also tackles many topics with such ease that by the last season, you feel like you’ve just said goodbye to a life-long friend. It’s definitely worth a watch if you’re looking for a cute, quirky, and relatable story.

Made in Heaven

Made in Heaven is a show about two wedding planners, Tara and Karan, and this is probably one of my favourite shows ever. If you’re looking for raw writing that is very emotional and dramatic but also feels a bit too real, then this is the perfect watch. The protagonists are so real with all their faults and mistakes but you still root for their success at the end and that’s what this show does. This was one of the first shows I binged and I don’t regret one second of it— the character developments, even of the side characters and the plot progression is fantastic. It also tackles issues like homophobia in India, the political and social inequalities within the system and the daily struggles of everyone within it. So if any of that interests you, then this is a must-watch!

I'm a second year student studying Economics and Management and spend most of my time watching Youtube, films, reading books and writing about how I'm coping with life as a college student.