10 Makeup Hacks to Keep a Trensetter Looking #Flawless

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at K College chapter.
  1. Draw concealer on in the shape of a triangle rather than a half circle. Not only will this method cover up dark circles, but it will also create an illusion that will lift your face.

1. Have dry eye mascara or eyeliner? No worries, there is a solution. Saline solution, that is!! Bring tubes of makeup back to life by adding just a few drops of solution and shaking it up.

1. Want to make curling your eyelashes a little easier? Hit those eyelash curlers with your hair dryer! It will help it curl more easily and give long lasting curls. (Caution: make sure the eye lash curler is not too hot, so that you do not burn your eyelashes).

1. There are a few hacks for your bottom lashes too! Bend your mascara wand (new or old), after pulling it out of the tube, so that it is easy to work with. Having it bent will help to apply makeup in hard to reach areas, such as the inner corner of your eye. Take a spoon and place it right under your lashes so you can easily see them and apply as necessary. This will also prevent you from getting mascara on your skin. You can use this method for the top lashes as well.

1. Have you already applied your mascara, but it looks clumpy?  There’sa hack for that as well! Take a clean tooth brush (which you can buy from the Dollar Store, Wal-Mart, or Target) and comb through your lashes until you are satisfied with how they look.

1. Go big or go home, while using mascara for multiple uses! Create thicker brows by using mascara that is the same color as your eyebrows. Apply to your brow arches to fill in, darken, and set them for a bolder look. This method will help thicken your brows while setting  loose hairs in place. Make sure to first wipe off the access on a napkin to stop yourself from looking like Bert from Sesame Street. Also, make sure to wipe in an upper and outer motion.

1. There’s another way to use your mascara wisely. If you are in a rush for an interview or another event and you don’t have time to dye your grey hairs or cover up new growth, don’t worry! You can also apply mascara (the same color as your hair) to your roots to cover up the grey hairs or new growth areas and WA-LA, it’s good as new!

1. BONUS HACK (for 21+) : Use mascara curler to open a bear bottle. (Caution: You may not be able to use it again so think twice before trying this). If you don’t have a bottle opener near by, have no fear, your eyelash curler it near. Flip it upside down so that it is under the beer cap and it should pop right off.

1. A hack to help apply your false eye lashes. Use a bobby pin or end of a q-tip/cotton swab to apply eye lash glue. This will help with distributing the glue evenly and in controlled amounts. Wait for it to get tacky (a little dry) and apply to your eye lids.

1. I couldn’t forget the lips! Set those lips and make them long-wearing by using this method. After applying a lipstick color of your choice, place a tissue on top of your lips and brush a translucent powder on top of the tissue. This method will set your lips, thereby making them long-wearing and even more vibrant.

1. Want to rock your favorite eye shadow color on your lips or want to experiment with eye shadows that you haven’t used yet? With this hack you will be able to do it! Take a scoop of petroleum jelly and mix it with your shadow on a plate or in a spoon and BOOM, there you go! You have a new lip color that you just created. Feel free to play around with mixing colors because you never know what you are going to get! With this hack and many others, you will for sure set the next trend!

I am a junior at Kalamazoo College in Kalamazoo, Michigan. Yes there really is a Kalamazoo! I aspires to be the go-to journalist for millennials to stay current with politics, entertainment, performing arts, and pop culture, through a broadcast journalism and social media platform. I believe that I am a true journalist, media, news, and entertainment mogul in the making.