Top 5 Go-To Songs After a Breakup

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at JWU chapter.

Ever been heart broken? I’m sure 90% of college students had their fair share of broken hearts and empty wine bottles type of nights. Here’s some shower songs that can easily sooth you from that one as*hole that totally doesn’t deserve any of your tears. For me, this is a daily playlist…maybe I just can’t get over that one jerk from freshman year. 

1. Can’t Be Friends – Trey Songz

Every R&B lover goes to this song whether it’s in the shower or at karaoke. Sing this with your girl friends and all your feelings are washed away. 

2. No-one – Alicia Keys

This is a song for you girls (or boys) who’s still in denial about your break up. Who said you had to be crying in the shower singing a break up song after you break up? I’m here for you, crazies! 

3. FU- Miley Cyrus

This song is for all of you “dumpee’s” who’s been broken down and angry. Scream and shout in the shower and let all that frustration out! Just make sure you don’t slip and crack your head open. 

4. Burn- Usher

This is another R&B classic. For everyone who just broke up with your significant other, this song will sooth you well. It’s about letting go and setting priorities. It’s always better to let go even though it’ll hurt than stay in something you can’t commit to.

5. Take a Bow – Rihanna 

This is my personal go-to whenever I deal with a jerk. It makes me feel so refreshed after I steam myself in the shower while singing this anthem. 

Try out these songs that’s guaranteed to make you feel a little less heart broken until you meet your next prince on a white horse. Stay strong, collegiates! 

Hi everyone! I'm Reina Mori and I am a current sophomore at Johnson and Wales University. I currently study Baking and Pastry Arts/ Food Service Management. I am a proud Hermana of Sigma Lambda Upsilon/Señoritas Latinas Unidas Sorority, Inc. I am from New Jersey currently living in Rhode Island! I work at Vicotria's Secret and sadly, I love to spend all of my money there. I have the worlds cutest dog named Bailey. She's an Australian Cattle Dog who LOVES food just as much as I do. A few things I like to do for fun is cooking, playing field hockey, shopping, and being around my friends. A fun fact about me is that I am absolutely terrible when it comes to introducing myself.