A Letter to the Unknown

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at JWU chapter.

Lately I’ve come to realize, that life hits you with a curve ball and shit doesn’t always go as planned. So here’s to you, my unknown obstacle that’s soon going to ruin my life. Or so it thinks. 

Whether it be a problem with tangible items like a car, a wallet, or even something as silly as a phone, something ALWAYS happens. But you know what? You gotta get right over it. Why let some random curve ball that life decide to throw at you ruin your whole day- or even week! Swerve that sh*t and keep it pushing! 

I think I let your little banana peels and curve balls affect my life a tad bit too much. It’s time I just take a deep breathe and let go of all of the annoying little mishaps that realistically always gets me to listening to the tunes in the bath tub with a handle of wine.  

Like, DOES IT LOOK LIKE MY PART TIME JOB IN RETAIL CAN AFFORD ME ALL OF THESE DAMAGES YOU CAUSE ME? ABSOLUTELY NOT. 

Now, to all the people that likes to make my life difficult. Good bye, so long, sayonara, Adios. I officially have NO tolerance for people’s BS. Whether it’s about a boy or a toy, whatever it may be, I do not care. I do not want negativity in my life so please, even though this affects me less than if my car broke down, leave that to someone else please.

But you know, its rather rude to come at me side ways throwing me crazy obstacles that you know my 21-year-old-college-girl-mentality can handle. I know you think that I can take all of this sticks and stone’s BS, but I can’t. Eventually I’ll get over it, but I’m all bruised up and I’d just like to have a clean, fun-filled senior year. So, with all of my heart, F*CK YOU.

Sincerely,

A broke, college girl

Hi everyone! I'm Reina Mori and I am a current sophomore at Johnson and Wales University. I currently study Baking and Pastry Arts/ Food Service Management. I am a proud Hermana of Sigma Lambda Upsilon/Señoritas Latinas Unidas Sorority, Inc. I am from New Jersey currently living in Rhode Island! I work at Vicotria's Secret and sadly, I love to spend all of my money there. I have the worlds cutest dog named Bailey. She's an Australian Cattle Dog who LOVES food just as much as I do. A few things I like to do for fun is cooking, playing field hockey, shopping, and being around my friends. A fun fact about me is that I am absolutely terrible when it comes to introducing myself.