It’s a Beautiful Day To Be a Wildcat

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at JWU chapter.

Welcome back Wildcats! Summers ending and school’s started. Two weeks in and all I can think about is the great memories I have made thus far and all the moments I can’t wait to create. Here are the Top 5 reasons why it’s a great day (everyday) to be a wildcat.

1.) Red Mango!

JWU decided to bring Red Mango here on campus inside of the new Science building! With this new building, we look more and more like a university and I absolutely love it! On top of that, who doesn’t love Fro-yo!?

2.) Wildcat Wednesday’s 

Some call it Wine-Wednesday, we call it Wildcat Wednesday’s. It’s a time to show great JWU spirit and drench ourselves with Blue and Yellow! 

3.) Greek Life! 

Get involved wildcats! Greek life is one of the more close-knitted community we have on campus. They host great events that ties harbor side and Downcity students and we just can’t get enough of them! Not only do they promote cultural indifferences but also is one of the biggest community to host fundraising events or community service. 

4.) Home away from home

Here at JWU, it’s always easy to create a home away from home. Whether it’s in dormitories or in new apartments, I always find myself calling Rhode Island my home. With all of the friends from school, I cant wait to make a memory I plan to remember for a life time. 

5.) No Friday Classes!

JWU Thursday’s. No explanation necessary. This long weekend is ALWAYS needed after a long hard week of classes. 

Hi everyone! I'm Reina Mori and I am a current sophomore at Johnson and Wales University. I currently study Baking and Pastry Arts/ Food Service Management. I am a proud Hermana of Sigma Lambda Upsilon/Señoritas Latinas Unidas Sorority, Inc. I am from New Jersey currently living in Rhode Island! I work at Vicotria's Secret and sadly, I love to spend all of my money there. I have the worlds cutest dog named Bailey. She's an Australian Cattle Dog who LOVES food just as much as I do. A few things I like to do for fun is cooking, playing field hockey, shopping, and being around my friends. A fun fact about me is that I am absolutely terrible when it comes to introducing myself.